We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Car Rental

Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Car Rental

Is there any information about Lion Car Rental? Daily rates, reviews of service?

Thanks.

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion Car Rental

I just received a quote from them for our June Trip and I can't seem to find any information on them either.

England
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion Car Rental

We have used Lion. They were fine, but then all the rental companies seem to offer a good service.

Toronto
Level Contributor
760 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion Car Rental

I used them when staying at the Verandah. It was the car dealer on site. They where fine. Prices started at $55US and went up to about $100US a day. (They had your standard basic economy card, some SUVs (Ford escape style and Jeeps)

I just went with the basic car. It was fine to drive..but was covered in scratches. We just made sure they where all noted and signed off on before we left. Brought it back, no problems.

They will try to up sell you on all the insurance and tell you about all the fees if you get a flat tire ($120US each..) and stuff like that. We just said no (our own insurance covers it).

But yeah.. basic car.. basic service.. no issues.

Harwinton
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion Car Rental

We advise strongly against using Lion Car Rental. The car they rented us had squeaking brakes, worn out windshield wipers that did nothing but smear the windshield, no working interior lights and tires that had almost no tread at all. One of the tires leaked air and had to be filled. It finally went flat and we were expected to pay to have it fixed. Also the license plate fell off and we were charged $80 to have it replaced. We later found that was approximately four times the usual rate. The problems with the car interfered to a great extent to our enjoyment of the vacation.

Please be advised that any money you might save by lower fees will be spent in repairs and inconvenience. Please go to a reputable company!

England
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion Car Rental

Yes, further to my earlier post, and contrary to it, we found Lion not so good this year. Problem with the bill, couldn't be bothered to help with a rental extension etc. so we used Titis instead. No problem there.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion Car Rental

We used Lion in December. I was hesitant because of bad reviews, but we had no problems.

Surrey, U.K.
Level Contributor
25 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion Car Rental

Just returned a week or so ago and used Lion for the first time - and probably the last. Whilst we had no major problems I wasn't endeared to them for the following reasons:

- I booked a Daihautsu Terios (new) which was £5 per day more than a straight Daihatsu Terios according to their price list - the car was certainly not new and was quite shabby and dirty.

- The passenger wiper blade was completely worn out and the drivers side getting that way. When I returned the car and pointed this out they seemed totally disinterested and I expect the car will have gone out again in exactly the same state.

- When I returned the car the Lion representative looked at the spare on the rear door and commented in an accusing fashion that it looked soft!! My problem or thiers?!!

Whilst I didn't have any major issues the staff I dealt with were very surly and I expect that if there had been any difficulties it might not have been a pleasant experience.

Next time I will probably use Titis again who have always been very good.

8. Re: Lion Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:06 pm, November 13, 2013
London
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lion Car Rental

We found Lion cars poor but Titis was very good .

10. Re: Lion Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antigua