We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

Travelling to Antigua in ...LESS than two weeks now; am wondering whether the deep sea fishing is any good in the Antigua area? I don't seem to see much regarding this on this forum.

I have found several charters for deep sea fishing, but want to know if the actual fishing is any good (actually catch fish).

Thank you :)

Antigua
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

sure the fishing is good but you know all fishermen have to know that "its called fishing and not catching". My company doesn't do fishing charters so before anyone gets stressed out about me posting please check on this. That being said there are some great charter outfits here in Antigua and some not so great ones. Depending on where you stay, i could reccomend one for you. PM me if you want more info.

The dolphin fish (mahi mahi) is what is most common during this time of year and I would be surprised if you don't see some while out on the water. Typical size at this time of the year is about 20 lbs but there are many in the 30 lb range too. There are also some wahoo around at the moment too but they are not as big as they are at other times of the year. King fish, yellow fin and black fin tuna can be caught at this time of the year too, but are not as plentiful as they are at other times. Actually kings are out there but usually earlier in the morning than charters usually start. Blue and white marlin can be caught but are usually off the edge in the deep and out there you won't catch as much of the other species. Most fishing charters will only target the bills if you request that type of fishing.

Just make sure you get a charter outfit that's a good one. I have seen one or two go "deep sea fishing" in the shallows.

eli

Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

Thank you Eli; I will PM you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

Hi, I am looking for good deep sea fishing charter company to send my husband on for his birthday. I saw your post and was wondering if tou had a good experience in Antigua?

Thx

Save Reply
4. Re: Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

Be there mid February and just want to catch some mahi or snappers for eating. Any suggestions?

Mr lee

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

Hi - I have read your message and would like to know a bit more about the options for deap sea fishing in Antigua in late October. Planning a trip in the last week of October and would like to catch fish!

Thanks - Rachael.

Edited: 7:22 am, October 06, 2013
6. Re: Is The Deep Sea Fishing any good

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antigua