We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms in Antigua?

London, UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Thunderstorms in Antigua?

I've booked a holiday to Antigua leaving on the 18th Nov and I'm a little concerned by the weather forecase on the underground weather site. Its showing thunderstorms day and night for the first three days we're there (doesn't forecast any further).

From peoples experiences, are we likely to suffer bad weather?

Thanks,

Adam

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms in Antigua?

I'm not sure where they're getting that information from. It doesn't tie up with the other weather sites as far as I can see. In any case, trying to predict the weather in Antigua 10 days in advance is something best done with a crystal ball.

I've only experienced really bad weather at this time of year once, for 12 hours, in 2001, and that was, according to locals, very unusual. Normally, when it rains, it does so for less than half an hour, and can be a relief from the sun.

Salisbury UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms in Antigua?

We have just returned from Antigua & Anguilla and all new visitors were worried because they had heard about thunderstorms. When we checked the weather site before we left, it too showed solid rain and storms so we apprehensive.

We had one downpour in Antigua overnight with a single clap of thunder in the week that we spent there and about 5 minutes of a shower in Anguilla in the following week.

So I would ignore the forecast and enjoy your holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Antigua