We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Me Pick Please

Hudsonville, MI
8 posts
Save Topic
Help Me Pick Please

Basics:

June Wedding 2006 in Antigua.

Curtain Bluff Resort

CoCoBay Resort

Blue Waters

I know that they are different prices but someone please give me some advice! I want to book soon. Thank you!

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Me Pick Please

Cocobay (and Coco's - smaller but similar, they used to be joint owned) is a very different experience to Blue Waters and Curtain Bluff. The later two are more conventional resorts, while the accomodation at Cocobay is in individual "huts", with no air con or glass in the windows, very al fresco. Some people love the more natural environment, some hate it, but it is DIFFERENT.

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Me Pick Please

We went to Coco Bay in 2001, it was a fantastic place. The rooms, which are really cabins were fantastic. The bathrooms were massive and had a door which opened out onto the verranda (which was shelded by plants). It was great to wake up in the morning and see straight out onto the sea. The infinity swimming pool was a great place to congregate and the beach was also nice for snorkelling.

3. Re: Help Me Pick Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:39 pm, January 30, 2006
Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Me Pick Please

I think it depends on what you're looking for. All offer a very different atmosphere.

Cocobay is the most moderate in price and its ameneties will reflect that, but it's charm and character are stronger and more old world Caribbean than the other choices. I very much like the individual cottages for rooms.

Blue Waters is a traditional Caribbean resort with more creature comforts than Cocobay. Its atmosphere is more elegant while still exuding a casual charm. It's nicely manicured, the outdoor furniture is of a higher quality than Cocobay, and it is slightly more formal than Cocobay.

Curtain Bluff is the most expensive and the most formal, with a real country club feel to it. Refined and elegant with touches of Caribbean charm. The wine cellar here is reputedly among the best in the Caribbean and this hotel has a long history of giving back to the community.

I was married in Antigua in 2003 and chose Long Bay Hotel for its isolation, charm, and old world Caribbean feel. It's extremely lowkey there and I felt like home the first time I ever vacationed there. Feel free to ask questions about Long Bay specifically, or getting married on Antigua in general.