We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua in November

Philadelphia
1 post
Save Topic
Antigua in November

Hello. My Fiance and I will be traveling to Antigua in November 2009. Cananyone tell me about weather during this time? We will be staying at the Sandals Resort. Any tips and advice for us on the weather and Resort during this time. Thank you!

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua in November

In my experience of 16 trips to ANU, ranging from 9 - 14 nights, November is NOT my favorite month. We had thought early November would work out great for scheduling because we could enjoy our vacation before the Thanksgiving and Christmas season arrived.

We did this 3 times and 3 strikes your out. Two partial washouts (I'm not talking about a few brief showers) and the last time it was a total washout for 12 days out of 14.

Obviously, this doesn't happen each and every November nor every week in the month. Much has to do with pure luck and Mother Nature.

We switched to late November - early December and, weather wise, it generally worked out great. Unfortunately, it made the pre-Christmas season much too hectic.

I think the later in November the better and for earlier weeks, at very best, expect more showers and more cloudy weather than in many other months of the year.

No comment on Sandals.

Cheers,

Bedford, England
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua in November

Hiya

we stayed in Antigua in Oct/Nov and had a little rain ( 2 days where it rained) but it never did last long and the sun came out again straight away. I have also been to Jamaica and Barbados at this time of year and its the same. Enjoy!!

England
Level Contributor
790 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua in November

Hi

Further to Terry's post, the only really bad weather I have experienced in Antigua was in November. I think it was towards the end of the month that we were there for around 12 days, and we had two half days of clear weather during that time. The rest of the time was like a monsoon!

We had to paddle to the restaurants on our resort in our swimwear with our clothes in a plastic bag, and change when we reached dry land!

Having said that, we may have been unlucky, but it is worth knowing!

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigua in November

I'm going with Terry on this, We have been going for the last 14 years from right after thanksgiving until the second week in dec., I only remember 1 time when we had a couple of loss days. We almost always have rain at night, but never a washed out vacation, as on all islands you find the isolated day time showers that last 10 minutes but thats it. It may also depend on which side of the island, as far as rain goes. We stay right next to Sandals.

enjoy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigua in November

So to prove the point from Terry et al Here are the monthly stats for 2004.

antiguamet.com/2005_WX_SUMMARY/…TEMPERATURE

Well done Terry absolutely correct.

6. Re: Antigua in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua