We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Antigua or St. Lucia?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Antigua or St. Lucia?

My fiancee and I are honeymooning in early August 2006. I am leaning towards an all-inclusive for the honeymoon and would like opinions on whether to go to Sandals Grande St. Lucia or Sandals Antigua. If we decide against an all-inclusive Hawaii is probably the front-runner. Also, any suggestions on getting the best price for a Sandals honeymoon are greatly appreciated. Online or travel agent? Book early or wait for deals? Thanks for your help!

Lake Grove, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Antigua or St. Lucia?

My sister honeymooned at the grande in st lucia. SHE LOVED IT!!! It is well worth the money. My sister-in-law honeymooned at antigua sandals. I would book early, thats when you get the better price on the air fare, and if sandals has a better promotion you can get your money back. congrats!

memphis
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Antigua or St. Lucia?

I honeymooned at Sandals Antigua and loved it (we are actually returning in a few months). I think the main difference between antigua and st. lucia is that st. lucia is going to have the darker sand/lush island and antigua will have the white sand/clear water/more dry island. Although Antigua is dry, Sandals Antigua's grounds are very lush and tropical.

We enjoyed the resort mostly because it had a very laid back feel to it, and it often felt that we had this village to ourselves. A friend of mine honeymooned at Sandals Grande and did not paticularly like that the resort was so large.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Congrats!