We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in early June, Snadals?

Baltimore, MD
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in early June, Snadals?

We are considering honymooning there next June. How is the weather in the 1st 2 weeks of June? Is Sandals a good place to stay or is it cheesy?

UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in early June, Snadals?

Hi there nblaud!

June in Antigua will probably be hot and sunny (as it is most of the year). The hurricane season runs from July to September so although you won't be there during that time you might get an occasion full day of heavy rain or a slim chance of a tropical storm. The hottest times in Antigua tend to be July and August so in June you shouldn't be over hot.

Sandals does has a good reputation and the beach it sits by is very nice, but I personally think it's a little cheesy.

There are plenty of other good resorts such as Jumby Bay (a little pricey), Curtain Bluff Resort, Blue Waters, Carlisle Bay, Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, Galley Bay and Cocobay Resort. I suppose it depends on what you would like (quite and relaxation, a little nightlife, a choice of restaurants, quiet beach etc) You can browse a few hotels and get links to their websites at www.stay-in-antigua.com and then read the hotel reviews on TripAdvisor. Plus there are other helpful sites like, www.wheretostay.com, www.caribbean-on-line.com & www.virtualtourist.com.

Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy it!

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in early June, Snadals?

Hi.I would not call any Sandals property cheesy over priced, over advertised ect. but not cheesy.I truely like the Sandals properties that I have been to.One of the reasons is the added feature of the stay at one play at many in Jamacia ,three in St.luica.That was one of the reasons we did not stay at Sandals in Antigua there was only one Sandals and it seem realy over priced at the time oh yes the golf was not part of the package as it is in Jamacia and St Lucia for what seem a lot of money.We stayed at the Grand Pineapple it was nice, not a Sandals but nice.A lot cheaper.Sandals are friendly with good food and service. Some people love them but they are not for everyone .We have never been disappointed at a Sandals just be carefull the one you pick suites you.The upper end private resorts are realy the nicest if you can afford them like Galley bay ect.in Antigua Jamacia Inn ect. in Jamaica and the list goes on.We loved Antigua and would go back and stay at a resort with golf, thats just us. There could be something special you might be looking for .Lots of research is the answer to a great vacation.Good luck with your search.

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in early June, Snadals?

I was married in Antigua in June, two years ago. It's a wonderful island, but if you go with an all inclusive resort you won't get to see much of what the island has to offer. Typically the weather in June is upper 80s, low 90s (fahrenheit), nice trade breezes, and not as humid as it would be in Baltimore. But the last 18 months have shown unusual weather patterns in the entire Caribbean region, so who can really say?

I think Sandals is overpriced, overrated, and a very poor value for the money. And then there's the toll it takes on the local economy, and the bad will it has generated among many Antiguans, the list goes on. I would never stay at one. That said, they must be doing something right because they have at lot of repeat visitors.

For a classier place to stay in a similar price range, Galley Bay is good. Curtain Bluff is in a similar price range, too, but it has more of a country club, sophisticated atmosphere instead of a more laidback one. Depends on what you're looking for. Jumby Bay is more expensive than Sandals, but it's a better value for the money. Cocobay and Grand Pineapple are much less than Sandals and offer about the same level of service, food, accommodation, etc. Then there is a whole slew of non-AI resorts to choose from. Just depends on what you're looking for.