We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish in Antigua???

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Jellyfish in Antigua???

Hi everyone, I'll be visiting Antigua for one day on a cruise in late November. For some reason, I keep seeing references to jellyfish in the waters around Antigua. Are they really common in Antigua for some reason? Are they more common in some months than others? I was considering a snorkeling tour, but may chose to do something on land if the jellyfish are really that bad. I have a bit of a jelly-phobia.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish in Antigua???

I have seen these lovely saucer like lavendar moon jelly fish in warmer months, May / July as I recall??

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish in Antigua???

i go to Antigua the first of Dec. every year, it is RARE when i see a jellyfish, Caribchakita nailed it when they are the most common or at least when i've seen them, don't worry...go enjoy

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish in Antigua???

Thanks for the replies. I read something on another forum where the person saw tons of jellies in December, so that had me worried. I wonder if that was just a fluke or if it also has to do with time of month. I've heard that jellies tend to be more common throughout the Carribean about 10 days after a full moon.

4. Re: Jellyfish in Antigua???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua