We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua - Stingray City

Derbyshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Antigua - Stingray City

I am visiting Antigua on a cruise in January and would like to visit Stingray City. Although the cruise is offering this as an excursion it seems rather expensive! Can anyone tell me how much the entrance fee is and how much a taxi would cost to get there independently?

Thank you.....

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

Not sure how much entrance is but you certainly won't be able to get there by taxi as it's on a sandbank in the sea.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

Hi

Stingray city is a long way from the criuise dock so a taxi would be pricy.

Have you looked at their website:

http://www.stingraycityantigua.com/

If you are looking for a trip that includes stingrays city try Antigua Adventure Xtreme tour a great trip with a stop at SC.

http://www.adventureantigua.com/tour.html

Hope this helps - Mun

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

Personally go to adventureantigua and book the circumnav tour. Awesome stops along the island, don't know how long you are in port, as this is an all-day trip. Well worth it, you go places, see things, and experience snorkeling only a boat can get you to.

Derbyshire
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

Thank you all for your tips. The Stingray city website currently tells me it is a 'work in progress' which is why I have been unable to get any more info on it. I'll keep checking.

The tours look like great fun and that's probably what I shall book having looked at the website via the links sent.

We're in Antigua from 8am till 11pm so we've got plenty of time.

So, my next question is where do I get the best lobster in Antigua?

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

you would be better off to book thru the ship, taxi's are expensive, I for one wouldn't recommend the eco tour, you've already spent all your time on a boat, why get on another boat for a whole day excursion, i don't find that enjoyable, just my feelings, the best lobster is at "Tradewinds", about a 15 minute taxi ride from the ship dock, dress shorts and nice shirt are acceptable dress

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

I always enjoy the lobster at OJs at Johnsons Point, Turners Beach.

7. Re: Antigua - Stingray City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua