We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Gri
Brit living in...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

I am considering staying at Dian Bay as it seems good value. Because we are only there 2 nights I cannot book the AI option. Can anyone let me know the cost of breakfast, lunch, dinner for the RO option? Is there anywhere else in the locality we can go and eat? (We won't be hiring a car)

Is the work on the nearby new resort going to disturb the peace?

Is the hotels beach on the doorstep or a walk away?

Does the resort have a shop? Are there shops in walking distance?

Is the pool and surrounding area nice?

There are such mixed reviews on this hotel and the others on Antigua I am finding it soo hard to make a decision!

If anyone else can suggest a quiet, low key, value for money hotel with nice pool area and beach (the food does not have to be fantastic and it doesn't have to offer tours and activities)...I'd love to know it! Cocobay is fully booked on my dates unfortunately or we would go there.

Thanks in anticipation!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Hi

I will try and help a bit though I have never stayed at Dian Bay I do know the area.

I am not sure of the cost of meals but you could phone and ask, contact details are on the website:

http://www.dianbayantigua.com/index.php

From Dian Bay you could walk over to Long Bay, there is a beach bar there as well as a small restaurant above the bay and Long Bay Hotel serves meals.

Nearby resort development may cause some noise.

If Cocobay is fully booked have you looked at Cocos, or perhaps you could try the Rex Blue Heron on Turners Beach, newly referbished, some restaurants and beach bars close by.

Hope this helps - Mun

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Well, "Gri" ........

As my good internet friend "Mun" frequently points out, a few more details would be helpful. Which 2 days, exactly, are you speaking of?

If you're talking about between today and 7 May, then Mun would be correct in your options if you stayed at Dian Bay Resort. Chris is shutting down the Long Bay Hotel after 7 May and he doesn't plan on reopening until 18 Oct. Therefore, LBH's Beach restaurant and the hotel's restaurant will be closed.

If there are 2 of you and you plan of being on island prior to 7 May, you might contact Chris at the LBH. You might be able to secure a room there for US$300 or less per couple, which would include Breakfast and Dinner, no lunch, no alcohol.

Cheers,

Gri
Brit living in...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Thanks for both the replies, they are very helpful.

We are over on the 27th and 28th April, so i will look at the LBH, thanks for the lead.

I think a lot of the hotels only let you book a minimum of 3 days and thats why I am having problems finding something to our taste, good value and available.

Cocos is either fully booked or has a minimum stay of 3 nights.

I think I am erring on the side of Dian Bay RO and using the restaurants at the LBH as well as at the Dian. But I will check out the lead on the LBH.

Thanks for the help.

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Hi, "Gri" ....

My co-manager of another ANU website also lives on Trinidad. She was born there however. I suppose you wouldn't qualify for some Caricom discount, correct?

Anyhow, if the Dian Bay Resort is where you prefer to room, there are a few other options available through various "Pass" plans at the Pineapple Beach Resort which may or may not be of interest.

Take a look at the following link:

www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass.phtml

Enjoy your 2 days on ANU.

Cheers,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Hi Gri

Have you phoned the resorts to get a rate and check the 3 day minimum because as you trip is pretty close and the island feels quiet at the moment i think you may be able to talk them into something.

Just a thought - Mun

Croydon, England...
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

Terry, is the LBH being closed from May-Oct because of the lack of business or further refurbishments?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

I am not Terry but LBH closes every season in the summer.

8. Re: Dian Bay Antigua... Help needed!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 30, 2009