We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Valley / Meads Bay Honeymoon

Which The Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
The Valley / Meads Bay Honeymoon

Hi

Whilst searching for a special honeymoon experience for April 2011 we've come across Carimar Beach Club which looks just amazing as it's located right on the beach, the lack of pool/bar/restaurant doesn't bother us as we're looking for something different from the Sandals all inclusive type holiday.

Can anyone advise on good restaurants to eat/drink at and what the prices are for a typical meal with a bottle of wine or few cocktails please?

Thanks

David

Sweden
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Valley / Meads Bay Honeymoon

David, you said you had narrowed it down to the Maldives or Anguilla.

I have been to both. Me and my husband had a very nice trip to the Maldives (we visited two islands there many years ago). BUT we would never go back. Anguilla beats it!!!

Anguilla is number one for us!!!!!

Because of the people who lives in Anguilla (we have got a lot of friends during our five trips). The beaches you can find in Anguilla are close to the ones on the islands in the Maldives. BUT you cannot find all these great choises of restaurants to choose from on the islands in the Maldives. You are "kind of stucked" (maybe wrong English) "to eat what you are served" on these small islands . Anguilla is the best! You can go out and explore nearly hundred of restaurants on this small island.

So if your choise now is narrowed down to Anguilla or an island in the Maldives.... my answer is: Anguilla!!!

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Valley / Meads Bay Honeymoon

Thanks Christine, after much deliberating we went for Kuramathi on the Maldives. We'll certainly visit Anguilla in the future as it seems amazing but we wanted to literally kick back and do nothing for a week.

13. Re: The Valley / Meads Bay Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:48 am, May 22, 2011
Get answers to your questions about The Valley