We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Juluca Honeymoon

New York, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Cap Juluca Honeymoon

I'm staying in a junior suite for 10 days in November at Cap Juluca for my honeymoon. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of some things that we should definitely see and do while there. (This is my first time on Anguilla.) Is there anywhere on the island to go dancing maybe one or two nights? How far is St. Barts? Has anyone done a day trip there?

Thanks in advance!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap Juluca Honeymoon

Hi- I went to Cap in May 04- Incredible place! I would suggest renting a jeep for a day and just driving around. We had fun doing that. Not too sure about the dancing. Make sure you do the beach BBQ at Cap. We enjoyed that. Let me know if you have any other questions.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap Juluca Honeymoon

Did you by any chance do the day trip to St. Barts? Do you know how much it is and how long the trip is? Thanks.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cap Juluca Honeymoon

Sorry- we didnt' go to St. Barts. We were only there for 5 days so there wasn't enough time. I'd contact Cap and ask them about it. I'm sure they can help you.

toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cap Juluca Honeymoon

The ferry for St. Barts leaves at 9:00am and returns at 5:00pm. The cost is $58.00, I believe each way. Hope this helps. The concierge at Cap can give you more info.

Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cap Juluca Honeymoon

We go to Anguillla every year in November so look forward to great weather and fewer people than in the high season. I would recommend StrawHat as on of the restaurants you shouldn't miss. Also for a very relaxed, low-key meal try Ripples--we usually go there on our arrival day just for its relaxed atmosphere. I definately agree with the idea of renting a car for at least a day just to explore the island--with 32 beaches it is worth it to explore. I would also suggest a day trip to Prickley Pear Cay--you can get info on that at Johnno's on Shoal Bay--which by the way has entertainment a couple of nights a week, as does the Pumphouse. There is also a day trip available a couple of days a week to Scilly Cay--I'm sure the concierge would be able to give you the info on that. Mostly, enjoy the people of Anguilla, the peace and the privacy--it is a VERY romantic place to visit.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cap Juluca Honeymoon

Thanks so much guys! The information is really appreciated. I can't wait to get there, I'm really confident with the decision to stay at Cap Juluca.