We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10year anniversary question

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
10year anniversary question

Hello All-

My husband and I are looking to Anguilla for our 10yr anniversary. We are looking to spend about 4K for an all inclusive. I am HOPING that this will get us a nice beach, food and room.

Any suggestions as this will be the first trip to Anguilla for us.

Our priority is relaxing on a great beach, great food and comfy place to rest our head.

Thanks

Kim

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,407 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10year anniversary question

There are no All Inclusives on Anguilla. Some resorts offer partial or full meal plans but on an island with over 80 restaurants (some amoing the best in the Caribbean) you'd be doing your self a dis-service to limit your dining to the resort where you are staying. You'll have to reconsider the All Inclusive aspect if you want to visit Anguilla.

FYI - while there are some exceptions in general most All Inclusives don't have "great food" so if truly "great food" and All Inclusive are important to you do your research and consider your options very carefully so you are not disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10year anniversary question

Thanks for the info Carib

Is 4K in budget for Anguilla or would be looking to spend more for food and drinks?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,824 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10year anniversary question

We spend around 200.00 per day for food and drinks, around $150.00 for dinner and $50.00 for lunch or breakfast - we don't have both. I'm sure it could be done for less. There are so many great restaurants, Anguilla can be as cheap, or as expensive as you choose.

Have you picked a place to stay? At most places, the rates are the cheapest from mid April to mid November.

Happy planning,

Ellen

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10year anniversary question

If you stay at Cap Juluca and leave before Dec 15 you can stay for about $500 a day including Breakfast. That is where my husband and I go every year - befor the rates go up!! There is no better restful and beautiful beach in the carribean. The restaurant Pimms at Cap Julca is great - but as the others have said Anguilla has some of the best food anywhere i.. off resort- try Mangos, Tratatoria Tamat SP? Picante, Altemer

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10year anniversary question

We spent our 10 year at Cap Juluca. It was absolutely beautiful and worth every penny. WE couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate!

MA
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10year anniversary question

Does that include air? 4000-1300 -200 for a carair leaves you 2500/7 days =$350 per day, which shoudl be doable, better off season

check out rates, it is hard to find anything >200/nigh in season, and you need to add 20% tax and service

NY
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10year anniversary question

Cap Jaluca also offers packages - they are not all-inclusive but depending on the length of your stay you can pre-pay for several dinners, snorkeling, car rental etc.

I love the warm toasty baked goods they bring to your room for breakfast- it is truly a special place.

8. Re: 10year anniversary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 15, 2009