We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
420 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

We definitely want to rent a car in Anguilla- if anyone has had good and or bad experiences please let me know-does everyone rent cars at the airport? thanks

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

There are no rental cars at the airport. Typically you take a taxi to your hotel and the car is delivered to your hotel. Avis and Island Car Rental have been very reliable. I'm sure there are others. Avis can be rented online, even though the corporate web page will make you think there are cars at the airport. You can then email them locally to give them details of where you are staying for delivery of the car. Their email address is avisaxa@anguillanet.com. Island Car Rental's email address is islandcar@anguillanet.com.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

We rent from Avis & they're good -- reasonable if you do it online before you go & nice cars. We usually chill out the night we get there & have a car delivered the next morning. If you're flying in, I believe that Island car rental is just across from the airport -- what some people do is someone walks over & gets the car while someone else waits with the luggage.

Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

Here is some useful info on car rental in Anguilla that I got after I emailed Avis.

Government taxi regulations do not allow rental companies

to deliver to the airport. Therefore you can have your

vehicle delivered to your hotel or you can take a cab to

the rental office (of your choice) to pick it up. Upon

your return you are allowed to leave at the port or

someone from the rental company can take you there.

PLease be sure to walk with a valid driver's license from

your country of residence, you will need it to be issued

an Anguilla temporary Driver's License (US $20).

4. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 18, 2009