We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking a property

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
428 posts
229 reviews
Save Topic
Picking a property

DH and I are considering Anguilla for our Thanksgiving trip this year - 9 days. We previously came in May and split our stay between Anacaona and Paradise Cove Beach Resort. This time we've decided we want to stay someplace like Paradise Cove (without PC pricing) with a full kitchen and (ideally) laundry facilities. We will have a car for the entire stay and our fave beaches are Cove Beach and Shoal Bay East. We will require someplace with AC throughout the entire apartment. We've been considering Nature Gardens and LaVue. Are there any others we should consider? We'd like a beach view at the property where we stay, but will likely be heading to our favorite beaches for actual swimming. Thanks for any advice or leads. BTW, we are laid back people who don't need pampering. We'd like a place that's very clean, safe and comfortable.

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picking a property

Have you checked Shoal Bay Villas? Right on your fave beach. I think they have laundry facilities. Beachfan will likely chime in as that's their favorite place.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,905 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picking a property

Take a look at West End Bay Apartments.

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picking a property

It's not on either of your favorites, but I believe Turtles Nest on Meads has a/c throughout the entire unit and has very competitive pricing.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picking a property

I stayed in a studio at Turtle's Nest in May and was veryy happy with it. Great air-conditioning and a very well-equipped kitchen. Nightly rate is $173.03. It's just a 5 minute drive to Cove Bay.

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
428 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picking a property

Super! I'll start checking your suggestions.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
615 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picking a property

I've stayed at Nature Gardens and I know the one bedroom does not have air conditioning throughout, only in the bedroom. The studio has air conditioning. I'm not sure if the two bedroom has A/C in the bedrooms only or throughout. You'll want to ask Rhon (the owner) about that if it's important to you. You'll also want to check on the status of laundry facilities - when we stayed there in February 2013, the washing machine for the one bedroom was not working, but Rhon graciously allowed us to use his, which is outside of his apartment. No dryer though - clothesline only.

West End Bay might be a better fit - I stayed there in April, and it was clean, modern, A/C throughout, and has a washer and dryer in each unit.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm staying at Nature Gardens again next trip, because of the proximity to my favorite beach - Rendezvous.

Edited: 3:37 pm, June 16, 2014
SE MA
Level Contributor
223 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Picking a property

Inquire about the premium units at Arawak Beach Inn. The beach is not that great, but you can get in and there is a pool. Fun to watch Island Harbour activity and SBE is very nearby.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Picking a property

Horselady is right, I am a die hard Shoal Bay Villas fan. BUT.... the air conditioning is only in the bedroom so that may be a deal breaker for you. The property is right on the best part of Shoal Bay East and the units are large with full kitchens. I have found their prices for oceanfront suites to be the most economical in not just Anguilla but Turks & Caicos too. And what a view!

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Picking a property

Try Ocean Terrace Condos, they are one of the few places I have been able to find in their price range that have A/C throughout. There are beautiful terraces off the bedroom and living room with great views of St.Martin. There is a pool but the beach is rocky but if you have a car you can go to whatever beach you want! There is a full kitchen and the condos do not have laundry facilities in them but there is a laundry on sight.

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
428 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Picking a property

To close the loop on my original post, based on another TA thread we checked out Rendezvous Villas and fell in love. We researched all the suggestions posters gave and based on the fact that we ultimately decided to have a homebase on a great beach that's somewhat central (for when DH is too tired to drive) we picked Rendezvous Villas. Plus we get oceanfront, a full kitchen and A/C throughout that we wanted. Lisa (Gumbs) was so easy to work with that we can't wait to meet her in November. We will devote some time on this upcoming trip to visiting a couple properties so we become more familiar with the great lodging suggestions everyone made. We know this second Anguilla trip will not be our last and it makes sense to scope out options in case our faves become too popular! Thanks everyone.