We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cove Bay or Shoal Bay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cove Bay or Shoal Bay

We have a choice of either of these 2 beaches with a Catamaran day trip. Are they similar or is one a must see?Thx

Granville MA
Level Contributor
666 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cove Bay or Shoal Bay

Shoal Bay is beautiful but it was definitely more crowded than we have ever seen. We picked it years ago for the small crowds there. Definitely not the case anymore. They bring people over by the bus loads plus schools do field trips there. Lovely beach though!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cove Bay or Shoal Bay

I'm eternally biased in favor of Shoal Bay East as it was the first beach we were based on during my 1st trip to the island in 2002. 12 bliss filled days of sand, sea, yummy food and nice people who made us feel at home. Waking up to that view took my breath away it was so stunning. So for me it would absolutely without a doubt be SBE.

Cove Bay is a beautiful beach as well, and I've enjoyed swimming in the clear turquoise Caribbean sea there. I agree with the previous poster who pointed out that SBE is iconic. Bottom line though, is whichever you choose, it's a WIN-WIN scenario for sure! ROWL! ;~>

Enjoy!

Edited: 12:46 pm, April 18, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cove Bay or Shoal Bay

Both. No reason to choose. Or. You absolutely can not go wrong.

14. Re: Cove Bay or Shoal Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 22, 2015