We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Southeast
Level Contributor
28 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

I know this is crazy, and trivial, and unimportant in the grand scheme of things. But, if somebody is shopping at the new Best Buy in the near future, could you please check to see if they have frozen limeade?

My wife and I are getting excited about our upcoming trip in March. We have a great margarita recipe that calls for frozen limeade, and we like to drink them at the beach. Last June, we searched the island for frozen limeade, but could not find any. My trip report from June had at least one response noting the difficulty of finding frozen limeade.

Still, we were talking about our upcoming vacation this morning and wondering if the new Best Buy might have remedied the froze limeade dilemma. Thus, you get this crazy request. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and assistance!

Harbor Springs
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Fly, I wish could answer your question right now but we won't be there until the 25th and I'm sure (hope) someone will respond to you by then. That being said, I would love to have your recipe! Do you share?! ; )

Southeast
Level Contributor
28 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Absolutely. This is not very precise, but it's our recipe. Buy one small can of frozen limeade. Empty into blender. Fill can with good tequila (my wife is partial to Patron Silver) and empty into blender. Add 1/3 can of Gran Marnier. Fill blender with ice and mix.

That's it, and it's good!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Sounds a bit strong! :)

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Fly_fisher, if you are checking bags you could bring several cans with you. Just freeze them solid before you leave and pack them in a small cooler inside your suitcase.

Southeast
Level Contributor
28 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

mrun. Great minds think alike. I was contemplating a little dry ice in a soft-sided cooler. But, we are packing light this time, and I'm not sure if we will have room. We're trying to limit our family of 4 to 1 big duffel bag that will have snorkel gear, fishing gear and beach stuff. After lost luggage at Spring Break last year, everybody is carrying on their clothes.

Mary. No doubt that it's strong. But, the flavor combination makes it very smooth. Our recipe packs a whollop, but in the same way that some of the good rum punches on the island do. The key is to stretch the pitcher out over time.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
641 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

If all else fails and you can't find any frozen limeade, you can use my recipe - works on the rocks or blended. I used to make one similar to yours, but my local store only had frozen limeade seasonally... and when you want a margarita, nothing else will do!

2 parts good tequila (silver is best, resposado will work)

2 parts Cointreau (Grand Marnier would work too if you prefer it)

1 part sweetened lime juice

1 part sweet n sour

And yes, it's a sipper :)

Palm Beach Gardens
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Minute Maid frozen limeade is readily available at both Best Buys.

Shhhhhh! Keep that easy margarita recipe a secret - I don't want everyone snapping up all the concentrate - I thought we held the secret down here!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Fly_Fisher, Please check with your airline before you pack dry ice. We always bring a softside cooler filled with frozen meat. We don't add anything to keep it cool and rely on the meat to stay at least party frozen (the bottom layers will still be frozen solid). We carry this onto the airplane (we do not check it). I'm not sure if frozen limeade would be considered a liquid. If so then you would have to check the cooler. We were asked by security once if we had dry ice in the cooler because it wasn't allowed. That was a while ago so the rules may have changed???? Good luck and have a margarita for me. We'll be there March 8 and will delve right in to island life which includes items such as margaritas!!!

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

My margarita recipe is similar but I prefer Cointreau to Gran Marnier:

12 oz can frozen limeade

Good dark tequila you like

Cointreau

Ice

Put limeade and ice in blender to top

Use limeade can to measure 3/4 of the can with tequila and 1/4 Cointreau

Dump over the ice in blender

Turn on the blender and prepare to be hammered on two of these. Very simple and ohhhhhhh so good.

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crazy question - Frozen Limeade at Best Buy?

Maybe limeade comes and goes because I checked for you yesterday when we were at best Buy in West End. They had Minutemaid lemonade but not limeade. It is well stocked tho. We found fragrance free suntan lotion, lots of Off Deepwoods, and a section of Gluten free for those who need it.