We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

ct
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Here is a preliminary list of things for us. What else should we not miss? We are 2 adults and 2 boys (10 and 11)

BEACH:

Elodia's (SBE)

Uncle Ernie's (SBE)

Tropical Sunset (SBE)-2 chairs and umbrella $10

Palm Grove at Savannah Bay

Mango’s at Barnes Bay

Garvey's Sunshine Shack on Rendezvous Bay (closed Monday)-free loungers

Blanchard's Beach Shack on Mead's Bay

Straw Hat on Mead’s Bay -free loungers

Ocean Echo on Mead’s Bay

Da Vida on Crocus Bay-free loungers

LUNCH TO GO:

Hall’s Unique Bakery-$3-4 Sandwiches

Jazzy’s-still open? Breakfast, lunch, dinner

Geraud’s

DINNER:

Ken's BBQ in the Valley (TAKE OUT)

B & D BBQ by Mead’s Bay (Thurs-Sat) (TAKE OUT)

Hungry’s Van-Lobster Quesadillas (TAKE OUT)

Slyco's food trucks in the Valley (TAKE OUT)

Tasty's-Wednesday night tapas

Pumphouse

On Da Rocks-Crayfish $5 Saturday

Flavours-tapas Thursday

Ripples-Fish and Chips Wednesday $14

Roy’s-Friday Fish and Chips $15

Carl’s Van-Friday and Saturday til 11 (TAKE OUT)

Anacoana Pizza (TAKE OUT)

THINGS TO DO:

Calvin-Little Bay

Jr. Fleming-Glass Bottom Boat (need price)

Chocolat-Boarding - 9:15am

Departing - 9:30am ( Sandy Ground )

Returning – 3:30pm

Sandy Island and Prickly Pear to swim in our crystal clear waters, snorkel-lunch and complimentary drinks on board 4 – 12 guests. US (Cash) $80 per guest. Children $60 under 12.

Maine
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

if you are thinking jazzes (sp) in Sandy Ground, they are gone. Now Grillers, I don't know when or if they are open. Always looks empty to me but I am in West End and don't go by there real often. Nice list, I hope you relax while here and do not consider it necessary to check off everything. After all it is a vacation - no schedule - do as we feel- I hope

ct
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Jazzys is a food truck but no new reviews in the past year. Don't plan in sticking to a schedule but just trying to have a list of places we'd like to go and things to do:-)

Ma
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Ken's BBQ is open Fri and Sat (maybe thurs)

SandBar in Sandy Ground has reopened for tapas.

I did not know Flavours also had a tapas menu, but Tasty's does

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Ocean Echo has free loungers and also picnic tables on the sand.

new jersey
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

And "Sugar and Spice" on the main road (the airport is behind it). Is a great spot for eat-in or take-out lunch and smoothies (fresh juices and fruits). Very reasonable prices too.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Surprised to see Trattoria Tramonto on Shoal Bay West missing from your "Beach" list. Particularly since it sports free beach chaises and a killer bar as well.

And why not consider taking some Geraud's decadent sandwiches to Cap Juluca's arguably most gorgeous beach on the west end with a tranquil ocean that sparkles like diamonds, Maundays Bay, where you can sit among the trees picnic-style near the entrance.

ct
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Ocean Echo is on the list

Trattorio Tramonto isn't on the list because not big on Italian on vacation (love it at home)

Will def bring Gerauds or similar take out to Maunday's Bay. I knew I forgot some beaches that we didn't want to miss!

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

So glad to see that the Chocolat is on the list!

Definitely walk all of these beaches too to get a feel for what you might like that day. And let the plans be fluid! I'm printing your itinerary to see if I can add anything to mine! :-)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
38 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Wow... you have your time planned!

A couple of suggestions. I have found the food at Uncle Ernies and Elodias to be ok but not great. We adore Tropical Sunsets, however, and they have some very different options, like cracked conch, curried goat, as well as the normal selections. But it is the most welcoming place, and chairs are free if you eat there for lunch. They are only open for lunch.

I would definitely suggest Blanchards Beach Shack as they have a very wide selection of items at reasonable prices. They charge for beach chairs but it is a modest cost.

And the last time we were at Palm Grove for lunch, it took about 3 hours to get ribs and the like, and they were not memorable. The sea can be very rough there as well.

And do call ahead to On da Rocks to see if they have crayfish; many nights they are out. Service is usually slow; our last two evenings there were disasters.

We understand that Ce Blue above Da Vida has a pizza place with a pizza over. You might want to think about that as well.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plans for 13 nights...see anything I should add or take out?

Elodia's is on my favorite part of Shoal Bay East and it's generally pretty quiet there. They also have a tent-like pavilion that includes up to 6 rental chairs for $25/day, so we love it for the shade, too. The food there can be hit or miss, but when they grill chicken & ribs on weekends, it's really good. Much better than Gwen's chicken & ribs and for less money. Elodia's pours a generous drink, too.

So basically, my suggestion is this: unless it's a weekend, pay to use Elodia's chairs & umbrellas but dine elsewhere.