We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Juluca or Frangipani

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Cap Juluca or Frangipani

Hi there, I will be visiting Anguilla next year. Having stayed at Cap Juluca in the past and absolutely loved it, I am torn whether I should stick with Cap or try Frangipani. Things that I absolutely loved about Cap is the fact that the beach chairs are widely spreadout, the beach service (food/drink) they provided and the outrageously comfy chairs. For those of you that can provide some sort of feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap Juluca or Frangipani

If you have stayed at Cap in the past and loved it, and the things most important to you are the things you mentioned above, then between the two I'd recommend CJ over Frangipani (after having stayed at both in the last two years).

The Frangipani room product and housekeeping was better (though the room still had little things like missing titles and the need for touch-up paint). And if you want a kitchen that is a factor. Better breakfast and lunch at Straw Hat versus CJ. But they cannot compete with Cap Juluca in regards to the beach, chairs, beach service, etc.

Frangipani's beach chairs are beautiful but they are not comfortable. No cushion and no fully flat (without a dip) option for stomach nappers. That said, up by the desk and pool there are a couple more modern cushioned options a la CJ. But none on the sand.

Straw Hat will serve you lunch in the chairs, but no one ever came by for cocktails, etc. ... That said the bar is steps away.

Frangipani could easily do a few things differently and be at the caliber of CJ's former reputation, but they just are not there quite yet.

Also, if motorized watersports are important to you, they are no longer complimentary at Cap, but they are at Frang.

In my opinion, a pro/con list comparison...

Breakfast/Lunch fare quality: Frangipani (courtesy Straw Hat)

Amenities: Cap Juluca

Hotel service: toss-up, both inconsistent, but Frangipani perhaps slight edge

Housekeeping: Frangipani

Beach Service: toss-up bc CJ staff have been very inconsistent in our two visits there. Better cocktails at Straw Hat.

Beach chairs: Cap Juluca - best chairs on the island!

Beach itself: Cap Juluca

Pool: Frangipani (hands down)

Watersports: Frangipani

Privacy: Cap Juluca (hands down)

Romantic atmosphere: Cap Juluca

Edited: 3:35 pm, September 06, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap Juluca or Frangipani

We are former CAP lovers. But now Frangi lovers. We go in July. Only on one trip to CAP did we actually talk to others. At Frangi, we have met others, enjoyed sitting with them on the beach, shared restaurant/activty suggestions, etc. The management there gets involved with their customers. Watersports staff was great--important to my husband! I typically don't like pools but Frangi's is great. esp at the end of the day--a little gathering spot for all. We esp like the fact that we seemed to have a longer day--CAP Villas/hill shade the beach. At Frangi, we'd sit on the beach w/ our own happy hour and watch the sunset.

At CAP, we loved the chairs and the water, the bathrooms and the feel of CAP rooms, but overall, Frangi wins!

3. Re: Cap Juluca or Frangipani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 09, 2014