We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June, Oct or Nov

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
June, Oct or Nov

Hi all,

had plans for first trip to be the beginning of november but now it may need to be the last week or two of october. Is end of october weather ok? i realize some places may still be closed but will the majority be open? Or do you think it would be better to just wait and come in mid june for our anniversary? It will be our first time and just want to make sure we come at the best time...altho i realize all options are during hurricane season ;-(

PS most likely stay at viceroy since Cap seems so much more expensive and i think they are closed in oct and november....

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: June, Oct or Nov

October is still in the midst of the Hurricane season. We normally go in late Nov early Dec and again in June to celebrate our anniversary. Were there in mid Nov quite a few years ago and left the day before a hurricane hit. Think it was Hurricane Lenny. Things don't really start up for the season until Nov. I personally would wait till June. Although June is the official start of the hurricane season there isn't any real threat. Aug thru Oct are the worst time for hurricanes. Weather has been great in June.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June, Oct or Nov

June is a great time to visit Anguilla.

The weather is lovely.

All restaurants are open so you don't get that "end of season" feel and all the beaches are quiet.

We go June/July every year and it is bliss. You will love it.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June, Oct or Nov

Nov or June before Oct. Oct is still hurricane season. Can be stormy. Not much is open yet. I've been in Nov/Dec,April, May and July. All better than Oct. in my opinion.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: June, Oct or Nov

No question June.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,771 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June, Oct or Nov

We go the last two weeks of November and the weather can be iffy, if I could choose, it would be May or June, they seem to be the perfect months.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
541 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June, Oct or Nov

Agree with iluvdanny and Ellen. We went this past June it was wonderful. We had previously gone in spring. The weather was perfect, and everything was open...except Boss was on vacation. We were also told by the managing couple at Frangiapani, Scott and Shannon, that June was the least busy month...so that was nice as well. Have a great trip---we went for our anniversary too!!

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June, Oct or Nov

is june considered the off season too? Was really hoping to go sooner just cause im anxious to go lol but oct and nov can be risky for us as well as we are in SD and could have snow at our airport or minneapolis in november...altho oct should be safe....

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June, Oct or Nov

also the resorts dont have any specials listed for june ....perhaps they will later?? right now we can get a really good price at viceroy for oct and november....so hard to decide.

MA
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: June, Oct or Nov

If you want to go sooner and can get a great price at Viceroy or wherever, GO!

And then you can return in June for your anniversary!!! LOL!

(our first trip was late Oct., we became addicted, have returned 20 times since, though now Jan., Feb., or Aug., for Carnival. Hope to add a May trip in 2014. Don't think there is a bad time to visit Anguilla!)

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: June, Oct or Nov

June is also considered low/off season, so rates usually come down with specials closer in. The great rate we had with Viceroy for a June trip was their "Cyber Monday" special one-day sale after Thanksgiving. It was pre-paid that day (so trip insurance not a bad idea) and $257/nt for Oceanview King studio room. They also ran a Facebook flash sale once for similar rates if my memory serves; again a time sensitive, pre-paid rate.