We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

Dix Hills, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
"A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

Just started reading Melinda's book and I am really enjoying it. We were on island the last week in April, and the book is making me nostalgic. Really makes me want to go back sooner rather than later!

If you have visited Anguilla and haven't read it, do it now. If you are planning to visit, read it before hand - I wish I had. And I must go back since we went to Blanchard's Beach Shack for lunch, but did not get to Blanchard's for dinner.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,642 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

well, weve been to Anguilla quite a few times..and, well, managed without reading Melinda Blanchard's book

in fact managed without eating in their restaurant and only once at the shack, and never again..so what have we missed? thanks.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

wow...tough crowd

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

Happy to hear you enjoyed the book and that you have caught the Anguilla fever!

NJ
Level Contributor
241 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

From my exciting tales of my trips to Anguilla friend's of our went and purchased the book and passed it onto me to read. They thoroughly enjoyed the book and after having the book awhile I finally caved and read it. I was so glad I did. BBS is our favorite. Went to Blanchard's for the first time this last visit. The atmosphere and food were very good but pricier than other restaurants in that range.

Granville MA
Level Contributor
651 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

I bought the book a few years back....i'm a sucker for island stories (I've read a few others as well). Visited the beach shack in Nov. We thought the food, drinks and service were well worth the price. $100 for 5 of us, including drinks and chairs! I bought an autographed copy for my niece when I got home. Very nice note from Melinda came with it. My niece loved the book, probably because of going there and seeing Anguilla!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

I make the corn bread from that book. It's really good -- we just had it at a Memorial Day gathering.

Dix Hills, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

Wow Tilly41. I certainly wasn't implying that a vacationer couldn't "manage" the island without reading the book or eating at Blanchards - nor was I plugging the restaurant, which I didn't even get a chance to dine at. I am a reader. I love to share thoughts on books with other like-minded individuals. I simply was enjoying the book, finding it fun to read about the places we had been, and pleasant to reminisce about my vacation through Melinda's writing (it really is very well written!). I was excited to relate my enjoyment of the book with others I thought might appreciate it. Thought this would be a good place to do that, rather than on the book forums I frequent, where the other members might not be familiar with Anguilla. Perhaps I was wrong to assume that.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

Quiet, Tilly. You're getting cranky again. Must be time for vacation.

9. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:53 am, June 01, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,129 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard

They went through a lot to start their business and they have been very generous to the island schools.

They have given back a lot.

Ellen