We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa within walking distance to something

Door County WI
Level Contributor
249 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Villa within walking distance to something

I am looking for a house to rent, in March with the following: 2 bedrooms (with a/c), pool, and water view. The most important feature (if possible) would be that it is within walking distance to something (bakery, grocery, resort, restaurant etc.) This is not because we don’t plan on renting a car, but because I have two teenagers who like to get out of the house. Even if we could rent a bike/moped for them to go somewhere (close), would be great. Our budget is a maximum of $800 a night including all taxes and fees. $600 would be best. Any ideas?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,577 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

You could rent the top floor of Nathans Cove - it is not a villa, but it is lovely, 4 bedrooms and 4 baths - huge, with a big living room. They can walk to Blanchards Beach Shack, next door, and then down the mile+ beach all the way to Viceroy, with stops along the way at Jacala, Straw Hat, Ocean Echo and then Viceroy. If they are ambitious, they can walk through Viceroy and continue on to Barnes Bay, and walk another mile.

Nathans is a great spot - find them on the net www.nathanscove.com - pictures do not do it justice, read the reviews, they are spot on.

Ellen

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,577 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Ok - just saw what I missed - no pool at Nathans, and not sure if there is ac throughout upstairs, or just in the bedrooms but it is a great property - ocean front.

Ellen

Wilton, CT
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Check out Turtles Nest Beach Resort in middle of Meads Bay. Nice condos with pool and AC. Can walk to everything Ellen mentioned, plus Foods 95 for drinks and snacks. A two bedroom in January is in you price range. My 3 teens love it!

Wilton, CT
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Check out Turtles Nest Beach Resort in middle of Meads Bay. Nice condos with pool and AC. Can walk to everything Ellen mentioned, plus Foods 95 for drinks and snacks. A two bedroom in January is in you price range. My 3 teens love it!

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

I second Turtles Nest. have stayed there 6 times and it is very nice. Recommend a two bedroom suite on the east side of building 2 Specifically 1AE-2, 2AE-2 3AE-2 or 4 AE-2. The patio of 1AE-2 is adjacent to the pool deck so a little less privacy but direct pool access from the condo. If you can handle stairs 3 and 4 would be fine. Good views to the East from the condos and if you stay in 3 or 4 you can go up to the roof for a full 360 degree view

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
397 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Look at the beach house at the Ferryboat Inn. There is a restaurant on the property. You are close to Blowing Point. There is an Ashley's there (grocery store) and a bakery a little further up the road. Some sort of adventure sports place has taken over where the ice cream shop was. I can't remember what was there to rent.

HTH - Bea

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

There are a few villas up above Meads Bay within walking distance of the beach and all the restaurants on Meads Bay and I believe they have pools.

Check out Jasmine Villa and Twin Palms.

http://www.twinpalmsvillas.com/

http://www.jasminevilla.com/

Door County WI
Level Contributor
249 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Thanks for the advice. I have been busy and have not had a chance to look at the suggestions. One problem I have with condos is the BBQ. Sharing is ok, not the best. But walking far or up and down stairs is not good. We eat in a lot and that makes the dinner not as relaxing as if the BBQ is close. Does turtles have BBQs and where are they?

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Unless you are in a private villa, you will likely not have your own BBQ. They will be shared like the pool and other common areas. Check out this website to look at several properties, their prices and amenities: http://www.mycaribbean.com/

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa within walking distance to something

Also check out www.islanddreamproperties.com. Jackie has a lot of properties for rent.

I don't know that I'd feel comfortable letting my kids ride mopeds or bikes on the roads. They are narrow and windy with no bike lanes. The new place on Blowing Point Rd rents things that are more like ATVs and I think they are only for tours.