We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat from Saint Martin

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat from Saint Martin

Hello,

I will be traveling to Anguila by myself from St. Martin. What is the easiest, safest way to get there?

Boat from Marigot?

Boat from near SXM?

Price isnt an issue but I dont want to take a puddle jumper.

Thanks.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

If price isn't an issue than I'd recommend Funtime. They dock their boats less than 5-8 minuted depending on traffic from the airport. Boats are state-of-the-art, immaculate and the serve up a nice rum punch. LOL!

Price is reasonable as well. I've never understood the point of trekkign to the other side of the island to take the public ferry from Marigot. Though if you want to see some of the island in passing then it might be worthwhile. Since you're traveling solo, where will you be staying?

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

Thanks, I am only arriving solo I am meeting up with friends once in Anguila. Ill chck out funtime, I found the GB Express link is that one good too?

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

I also recommend Funtime as they have some new large boats--GB express has its fans too.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
342 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

We use GB Express. They meet us at the airport, take us to the boat dock only minutes away, and take care of the paperwork to leave SXM. Very nice staff!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

Funtime runs their operation the same way.

http://www.funtime-charters.com/

We've even done a private launch but it's really a waste of money unless there's an issue with your flight schedule. Arriving by boat is one of the plus factors about vacationing in Anguilla. If you love being on the water, it's a glorious beginning to your holiday to fly across the Caribbean Sea and disembark at Blowing Point.

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

Thanks everyone Im looking in to both and will choose based on when my flight gets in. I know this is a silly question but do they have life vests? I cant swim.....

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

yes they have vests , drowning passengers is bad for business

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

These boats are all licensed to carry passengers so they have all the safety gear that one would expect, always have a crew of 2 or more (depending on the boat size) and the number of passengers is limited (and posted).

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

I have been looking into Calypso Charter's, is this the same as Funtime or has anyone used Calypso?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
342 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat from Saint Martin

Hi Buckster. . . we used to live in York PA -- moved south for warmer winters! Heading to Anguilla for the third time. Using GB Express again.

Mentioned in this post
York
York
Pennsylvania