We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary dinner....

nyc
Level Contributor
208 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
anniversary dinner....

Hello!

We will be spending 5 nights in Anguilla. We already have reservations for Blanchards, Veya and the Lobster BBQ at the Cuisinart (we are staying there). Our anniversary is on a Wednesday. Barrel Stay is not open on Wednesdays. Is Da'Vida romantic? It doesn't look impressive on the website... We are going to Veya on Friday so we can also hear the music (no music on Wednesdays). Should we go to Veya on Wednesday anyway? What about Le Bistro at Santorini? It looks nice on line...

Thank you!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary dinner....

Cuisinart is our fabvourite hotel and we stay there each year but in all honesty I can't recommend Le Bistro. Expensive and somewhat unimaginative food The place lacks atmosphere and there's no view, lots of staff interrupting regularly to ask if everything's alright. Over the years we've been visiting they've had several chefs of different nationalities (a previous one now owns Sandbar) but it never quite works for us.

My favourite spot for a special romantic meal is a waterfront table at Pimms at Cap Juluca (I don't think there would be music though). Mangos is a pretty spot too right on the beach with great seafood. Plenty of other places to choose from, maybe Trattoria Tramonto or Jacala?I've only eaten lunch at Da'Vida.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary dinner....

Cap Juluca, Pimms waterfront table is very romantic! The lights and candles set the mood for romance for sure ! Veya is great food, as is Jacala ! Either way congrats i am sure you will have an amazing evening no matter where you choose in Anguilla !

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary dinner....

Barrel Stay was the best of the trip in November for me - really fantastic in every area, food, service and setting. Pimm's is our final night tradition now, it is lovely, wonderful food fabulous service and a setting that can't be beat/

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anniversary dinner....

Romantic? Trattoria Tramonto or Mango's

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
504 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anniversary dinner....

Pimms without a doubt. i would rethink the lobster BBQ at Cuisinart, not worth the price. I would find another place on the island to enjoy dinner. Love Cuisinart, just not there dinners.

nyc
Level Contributor
208 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anniversary dinner....

Thanks all! We made a reservation at Pimm's. :-) We are really excited!

JH - why did you feel that the lobster BBQ was not worth the price? isn't it all you can eat lobster?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anniversary dinner....

Pimm's is a great choice! Hope you can find a way to do Barrel Stay, it is really good!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anniversary dinner....

Glad you've booked Pimms and I hope you've told them it's a special night and you have to have a waterfront table!

At Cuisinart the Lobster BBQ is lobster and lots more besides. To get your money's worth you need to be very very hungry! There's a large selection of starters and desserts as well. We skip lunch in order to enjoy it fully and sometimes we don't want breakfast the next morning. There's usually musical entertainment. We like it and when we're on holiday we just don't care about the cost.

Edited: 1:32 pm, January 20, 2013
USA
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: anniversary dinner....

I would agree with J H about the Lobster Bar-B-Q - I have never had it but over several years I have heard too many people say it was not worth it

Not one or two or three or four people - but many many people over the course of 4 or 5 years tell me that it was way too expensive for what they received and some did not think it was the best food in taste - I mention how many people and years because I believe people can have different experiences or opinions but when I have heard so many agree that it was not there best experience in Anguilla well I take that to heart as something that might be a good idea to pass on - just an opinion - CuisinArt is a beautiful hotel and does have a great atmosphere and view - maybe an after dinner drink there would be a good end to a beautiful evening!

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
504 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anniversary dinner....

Lazy,I love Cuisinart as a resort, wonderful place. Sitting at the beach bar having Sam making us drinks is a perfect afternoon. I just don't feel its the place to have your meals. There are to many better places to have a fantastic meal on the island. The BBQ just isn't all its cracked up to be, yes they have lobster, if you want to stand in line to wait for one. The food is just OK nothing more. if you're in to stuffing your face just to get your moneys worth go to the BBQ buffet, i prefer to have a top notch meal with a much better atmosphere and quality service.I do enjoy the lunches at Cuisinart. Just my opinion.

P.S. Please try the fruit infused rums that they have at the bar,they are excellent.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla