We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

austin
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

As part of our vacation package with Expedia, we booked shuttle service to and from the airport/hotel with Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours. We didn't want to be stressed about driving at night after a long flight. BIG MISTAKE. Not only is the phone number that Expedia gives you for this service disconnected, nobody shows up to pick you up at the airport. You are basically left stranded in a foreign country. Then after 3 international, 30 minute+ phone calls and several unanswered emails to Expedia, Expedia then says they will NOT refund your money because they need to get it back from this "ghost" service. Expedia does not even have the right number! So after paying more than double what it costs through Expedia to hire your own shuttle, and getting wrong information and nobody picking you up, Expedia says "too bad". I am utterly shocked - how does Expedia pick these providers?

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

Sorry to hear about your bad experience on your arrival in Anguilla

First - No luggage with Cape Air

Second - No pick up as booked and pre-paid for.

I have not heard of Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours, what was the number Expedia gave you?

It is possible that this company No Longer Exists, and have not informed Expedia.

Or they also operates under another name.

Hopefully you can contact your credit card company regarding the refund.

Despite these problems, hope you are still enjoying your time in Anguilla, and can write up a trip report of your experiences.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

We used to book our trips through Caribbean Hotels who in turn used "Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours" for shuttle services between the airport and hotels. Caribbean Hotels went out of business three years ago and I suspect "ASST" did as well.

As "O.T." suggested, it's possible Expedia hasn't been updated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

Oh dear - trouble in Paradise!

I can't believe your bad luck.

Have never heard of Anguilla Sightseeing Tours but you should get your money back - maybe your credit card will refund it whilst Expedia sorts it out?. For future reference it's not difficult getting a taxi from the airport even if you fly in late.

I do hope that as you spend time on the beautiful beaches and gaze at the perfect turquoise water you'll feel chilled enough to put all this hassle behind you.

Have a lovely holiday!

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

I remember seeing a bus with that name printed on the side parked in a lot over by the road as you approach Au Bon Pain. That was years ago, at least three or four years. I though they only did guided tours

austin
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

Thanks for all the posts. Now Expedia is saying that I should have cancelled 2 days in advance. It is actually getting comical....I do think you are right, that this company is out of business - but someone is collecting the money!

That said, despite the luggage lost and the lack of pick-up - all the Anguillan people are very nice and our trip has been pretty good.

Wendy

austin
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

So I got a call today from the "only" expedia provider here in Anguilla and he says he never got a booking, let alone paid for service. It makes you wonder who Expedia is paying....Expedia sends me emails saying they can't give a refund unless I call. So when I call, they tell me they can't give a refund until they get money back from this mystery service.....

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

I would skp Expedia. Call your credit card company and dispute the charge for "services not rendered".

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

"Samstevens" has it right - - explain the issue to your credit card company and you'll most likely be credited without a problem.

9. Re: Do NOT hire Anguilla Sight Seeing Tours - shame on Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, December 17, 2013