We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Need help. Based on TA input, I have narrowed it down to these three. Going in early May, like beach, walking to restaurants (will have car though) and nice, smaller atmosphere. Looking for advise on rooms, resort and the beach it is located on. Want beachfront. Similar to the Alexandra in T& C.....Thanks again!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

All 3 are on the same beach. Carimar is at an end; the other two are in the middle of Meads Bay. Straw Hat is located in Frangipani and is a very short beach walk from Turtle's Nest. We have stayed at both Frangipani and Turtle's Nest numerous times. We now prefer Turtle's Nest because we believe it cannot be beat for the price: large units, great a/c, washer/dryers, balconies, same air & water as Frangipani.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Mary - thank you for your prompt reply. One more question - if we want direct oceanfront, is there a special unit we should ask for? We just need a one bedroom - only 2 of us.....

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Carimar and Turtle's Nest are both condos. Frangipani is a full-scale resort and is more luxurious, with Straw Hat right on-site. Depends on your budget.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

This is a big BD (should say "old "BD)...so, I want to "do it right". I am torn now between Frangiapani and Turtle's Nest.

Leaning towards FRangiapani......how quiet is it around the first week of May? I don't want it to be toooo quiet......

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

I believe that all of the one bedrooms at Turtles Nest are beachfront. We prefer the 2nd floor and the 1st floor in Phase 2 is adjacent to the pool and not so private. It is self-catering but there is daily maid service and here's a bonus -- the lead singer of the Musical Brothers does the maintenance there (and feeds the turtles --so cute). One Saturday at Smokey's and you will get how significant that is (you may want to break something in the unit that needs fixing, if you get my drift)!

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Love it Mary.....while the repairs are going on I will sneak a pic or two! or should I say "peak"?

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

I was at Frangipani mid-May the past two years. It is just perfect then - enough people around that all the bars and restaurants are open, but not so many that everyplace is crowded. Frangipani never feels crowded. I think they were probably about half full when I was there.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Thanks for the replies. Booking Frangipani. Wil give TR in May

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

Good Choice it is actually much,nicer than the Alexander, more upscale & intimate....

Edited: 3:12 pm, November 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carimar vs Frangiapani vs Turtle's Nest

I see you decided on Frangipani. I think you made the right decision. It is so pretty. It is much smaller than the Alexandra. It has a real boutique feel to it. I think Meads Bay will be nice and calm in May. White sand and crystal clear water. You will love it. Be sure to wonder down to Blanchards Beach Shack - my favourite!

Edited: 5:58 am, November 13, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla