We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cap for 2 nights

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
cap for 2 nights

Should I surprise my husband for his 50yj with 2 night at Cap in December or is it too short? Never been there for less than 5 nights just don't know if it would be enough flight arrives SXM at 1pm Saturday- would have Sat, Sunday and depart Cap at Monday at 2pm - flight leaves SXM at 5:45 ..or go to a hotel in NYC stay over and have dinner with 8 of his friends?

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cap for 2 nights

Oh, lucky you, who have such a short hop on a plane to SXM/AXA.

I think it would be a lovely surprise, - go for it girl ! Take Gotcha for private shuttle and you could have 48 hrs in Paradise.

Edited: 1:02 am, October 18, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cap for 2 nights

AXA Gigi - you can do the city anytime!

Have his friends join you at Cap!

Happy planning,

Ellen

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cap for 2 nights

Gigi, only 2 nights? I wouldn't want to leave after I got there.

Personally, for me, it's too short. I would save it for a longer time at CJ.

If you decide on NYC, the Trump Soho is great and they really take care of you. Hubby and I did that one weekend.

Something very romantic is the Bedford Post Inn owned by Richard Gere and his wife in Westchester.

Let us know what you decide!

Kathy

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cap for 2 nights

I am thinking that you are right - too short a trip and we are going to Turks and Caicos 2 weeks later ...thinking of booking a suite at the Plaza - where we went the night of our weeding many years ago and having a small dinner party in the city for some of his close friends. Wish we could do longer....xoxxo

Thanks all

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cap for 2 nights

Oh-sounds like a great idea. We spent two nights at The plaza before we left on our honeymoon years ago.. I even kept the sign in card, and had it framed!

Nice little momento! New York will be perfect, friends and great food. Talk about restaurant choices!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cap for 2 nights

Believe it or not- my husband wants to go to Il Vagabondo where we both went as children...they have a Bocce court there so it will be fun. Lunch the next day at Cipriannis (to remind us of our honeymoon in Italy!) Looked into Masa- as I have always wanted to go- but dinner for 2 is around $1400.00 that is crazy!

xxooo

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cap for 2 nights

OMG--a blast from the past. Everybody went there! I wonder if they still have the red checked table cloths! Reasonable southern Italian!

We are going to LeBernardin for our anniversary-its our favorite!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cap for 2 nights

Just went there a few months ago- Eric id the best chef! xxoo G

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cap for 2 nights

That is in NY right? (Il vagabondo?) I was there... ummm late 80's? And do remember the red check tablecloths if this is the place. ... Memorable.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cap for 2 nights

yes Nowayellen....you remember!