We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury resort with beast beach

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury resort with beast beach

Planning a trip in february to SXM and AXA. What is the best resort to stay in Anguilla? we have been there for a day trip last year and loved the beach at Cap Juluca. Heard it is closing and will not be an option. Considering Viceroy. How is the beach there? Any other suggestions?

Looking for a luxury resort with nice ambience and a wonderful beach.

Edited: 11:05 pm, October 14, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury resort with beast beach

Cap Juluca should be reopening mid-November (if my memory is correct), so there is enough time to see whether that all works out. If so, you can stay on the beach that got you hooked in the first place.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury resort with beast beach

There is a villa called Sheriva just above Maunday's Bay with golf carts to take you to the beach a few minutes away. VERY luxurious with spectacular views, privacy and great service.

That would be my pick if you wanted to beach on Maunday's Bay.

http://www.sheriva.com/

USA
Level Contributor
290 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury resort with beast beach

Cap Juluca is on one of the best beaches in Anguilla. Viceroy is more into swimming pools and views.

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
274 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury resort with beast beach

I would second Sheriva. I've never been myself but trusted sources on this forum say it's the bomb.

I am a huge fan of Cuisinart myself and do feel Rendevous Bay is one of the best beaches in the World. You can be as pampered as you want at Cuisinart. Stay in the best room offered, use the spa, have dinner on the beach, take cooking classes. It's all there for you if you want to do it. Also, it becomes a place you go back to. The staff remains much of the same year afer year and they get to know you.

It is also very private. Sevearl times my hubs and I have had both the beach and pool solely to ourselves....and that is traveling in November.

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury resort with beast beach

Cap has the best beach hands down for sure! You were there ! I want the beach at my doorstep, and Viceroy cannot match Caps beach. Viceroy is new and Miami modern, lots of rooms, dense planning and not what I want for a beach resort.

6. Re: Luxury resort with beast beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 18, 2013