We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November??

14 posts
Save Topic
November??

I've been all around the carribean and somehow missed going to Anguilla. With that said, I am all set to book 5 nights at the Frangiapani (thanks to all your great reviews) but now hesitant because I've never traveled to an island in the month of November. I know weather is not predictable but if they have a normal hurricane season, will I be disappointed with the waters and overall atmosphere during my time??? Has anyone traveled in November and can give me their opinion?? Thanks so much!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November??

Obviously no one can predict what the weather will be. November is the "end" of hurricane season so odds of a major storm at that time are low. If there are no storms, expect typical tropical weather - day time temps in the mid-80's F., lots of sun and an occasional fast moving, widely scattered shower or two (lasting minutes not hours). - all day rains are rare.

Calmness and clarity of the water should not be an issue unless there is a storm passing by the week or so you are visiting - sorry, no way to predict - they can happen any time of the year.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,866 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November??

You have picked a terrific hotel on a great beach, Frangipani is very nice, great little boutique hotel with one of my favorite restaurants Straw Hat located on site.

We have stayed on Meads Bay each November since 2008, and have found mostly great weather and 70%-30% good water. First year we stayed in November we had 7 days of floating bliss, we were on our rafts all day every day, then the ground seas came in and the waves were so huge that they shut down the port, truly an amazing sight. Giant waves.

I find the water to be warmer in November, and there are less crowds, one of my favorite times to go.

Ellen

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November??

I've been to Anguilla at least dozen times or more...all during Thanksgiving week...never had a bad week yet concerning the weather or otherwise.

4. Re: November??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 31, 2013