We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Something to cheer for at the Olympics - I certainly will -

dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-21639…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Isn't that wonderful about Shara, we too will be rooting for her. I am so happy for her, she has realized her life long dream.

Ellen

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Thanks for the heads up O.T.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

USA Today predicts she will medal:

usatoday.com/sports/…athletics_longjump_women

This link doesn't seem to be working exactly, but if you go to Track & Field - Women, then Long Jump, it is there.

Edited: 4:09 pm, August 02, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Posted on Facebook

Next week, Anguillian athlete, Miss Shara Proctor, will be participating in 2012 London Olympics. To this end, and in support of our own, the Government of Anguilla decided that ‘public officers (other than those engaged in essential services) will be given time off on Tuesday and Wednesday to view Shara Proctor’s participation in the Long Jump Preliminaries and Final at the Olympics’.

Accordingly, a slight adjustment was made to working hours on those days (Tuesday, August 7, 2012 and Wednesday, August 8, 2012). Public officers are therefore expected to work (on the stipulated days) as outlined below:-

Tuesday (August 7, 2012) - 8am to 1pm (Public officers will work through the usual lunch hour of 12pm – 1pm).

Wednesday (August 7, 2012) - 8am to 12pm and 1pm to 2pm (The usual lunch break of 12pm - 1pm will be taken).

Please note that time off on Wednesday August 8, 2012 is conditional on Shara participating in the Finals.

GO SHARA!

canton,ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

So exited to be on island when she competes, I'm sure she'll be able to feel the love

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

That will be great fun to be there when she competes. The island will be electric!

Have a blast.

Ellen

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

I not only will be watching Shara---and rooting, BUT I also will be watching Kerani James from Grenada.

Last August I was in a bank in Grenada converting USD into EC when they had the Track and Field Championships on TV Live!

Grenada had never won any medals---ever---then Kerani won in a come from behind race --over the American runner. The place exploded--people were soooooooo proud. It was really alot of fun to witness this , and the young man Kerani is a GREAT kid.

I hope Anguilla has the same type feeling.

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Go Sarah!!!

Kerani James--Grenada---Gold Medal !

USA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Good for Grenada and a first win! Don't usually follow summer Olympics but some of the competitions over the week and w/e were incredible and hopefully inspiring to upcoming athletes.

Don't know Shara but her days according to the above appear to be Tues and Wed - someone in the know pls keep us posted on outcome. To her family - many wish her well! And what a thrill to qualify for the Games

Anguilla
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anguilla at the Olympics - (more positives)

Chillin' in Anguilla, where more eyes will be on Shara tomorrow than on Carnival. Government has even set aside holiday time to watch her compete!

Nori (anguilla-beaches.com) just posted an inspirational "Go Shara" post and photo (loved that pic!) over at her FB page. Join in to send some good vibes Shara's way!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Yeah go Shara!