We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Discovery has been approved

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
276 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin Discovery has been approved

Looks as if they are going to allow Dolphin Discovery to open:

axareality.com/#bn-forum-1-1-630869636/…

On the bright side, it appears as if SXM is going to open one as well, perhaps when they open, AXA will close due to lack of business.

Ellen

Edited: 9:19 am, May 26, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

No dolphins for SXM, they voted against having one there:

bit.ly/PL6JqC

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

Amazing---so now I would assume Anguilla has become a carnival act for the time shares and cruise ships. Ahh a class act!

93. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 pm, January 13, 2014
Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

So Sint Maarten won't have them but fine for Anguilla? What's wrong with this picture.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

SXM will no doubt advertise "swimming with dolphins" as one of their attractions and then bring tourists/cruise passengers to Anguilla. The whole thing is just horrible. Whoever in government thought this would be good for Anguilla should be deeply ashamed.

Edited: 3:45 pm, September 06, 2012
96. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, September 25, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
97. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

The Anguilla Gov't must be loopy to think people staying on SXM or on a cruise are going to pay that kind of money to swim with captive dolphins

Fee for 1 adult $179.00

Fee fro 1 child $ 99.00

"Not" included dock fees and transportation fees from SXM....and then add lunch and a tour of AXA....

This must be what the "NEW" ferry dock and immigration is all about from Simpson Bay.....not to ease getting to AXA for regular folk but just to make more money from the captive dolphins....

How stupid do we all look....

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
98. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

quote: "Please sign the petition and say NO."

While I have absolutely no sympathy for the Dolphin Discovery operation, least of all on Anguilla with its link to Dolphins on its flag, I wonder what good this will do.

First of all, it has been opposed and still it has been built, licenced and it is operating.

And secondly, with a Chief Minister who (as it appears to me) seems to think and can't stop telling everyone that foreigners, and the Brits in particular, are the source of all evil, what chance is there that this person would ever change his opinion and decisions based on pressure from abroad? Never mind what his subjects, sorry fellow countrymen might think. That would be so much loss of face that we might as well wait for hell to freeze over.

99. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 13, 2012
r d
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
100. Re: Dolphin Discovery has been approved

Just wondering how many of you have dogs, cats, horses...or even fish for that matter, in your very own homes? All of these animals were once wild species and now live in captivity.

Funny thing, my dog (black lab) would much rather be with me and finds more happiness playing with my kids in my (fenced) yard than anywhere else she can possible be. Perhaps the dolphins are much like our loved pooches and enjoy the contact they have with humans.

It seems the dolphins are smart enough to put up a protest if they are not happy. I certainly am against animal cruelty but who are we to say that they don't love their jobs and find great satisfaction in human interaction?

Just saying

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla