We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinking water?

miami,fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
drinking water?

my husband and i plan on traveling to anguilla for the first time in june. i have heard mixed things about the drinking water. is it safe to drink? if not do most restaruants wash vegetables, etc in bottled water? i am just getting worried bc i dont want it to be like the drinking water situation in the dominican where you have to be really careful. tx.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drinking water?

You don't have to be careful like other places -- the restaurants use tap water for vegetable washing & we have had local water over the years and use it for brushing our teeth. Because we drink so much water there, we buy bottled water by the case and often order a bottle in the restaurants (there's even a locally bottled water called Aronel).

Iowa
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: drinking water?

We have traveled for 9 years and never gotten sick. We do buy bottled water for drinking but in our apartment we use the tap water for cleaning veggies etc. The restaurants are all very good. We have eaten everywhere and never ever had any problems.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla