We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veggie Dining

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Veggie Dining

Going to Anguilla (first visit) at the end of April (a suprise trip for my wife; she knows we're going somewhere, but doesn't know where, and won't until we get on the plane; even then, we're splitting between SXM, where we've visited before, and Anguilla, which she won't know about until I return the rental car and take her to the ferry). I remember the food on SXM being the best I have eaten anywhere in the world (perhaps with the exception of Italy), and there was no trouble finding vegetarian fare. Any recommendations for Anguilla, if there are any veggies out there? My wife eats fish, so she will have no trouble wherever we go, but I am a long-time (35-year) vegetarian. Many thanks.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veggie Dining

I eat some fish but no meat (21 years) and have been going to Anguilla for 10 years -- lots of restaurants do vegetarian dishes. The fabulous rice & peas are usually made with meat stock (ask though because somehwere I found it made with coconut milk) but most every place has a couple all-veggie choices (even the Pumphouse has spinach quesadilla!). You won't have a problem -- look at www.anguillaguide & click on "Restaurants by Zone -- it will give you a sense of what's available. The Straw Hat, for instance, is one of our favs & it has a veggie linguini that's fabulous.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Veggie Dining

The salads at Cuisinart are delicious - they have their own hydrophonic garden (which you can tour).

There was a recent post on the anguillaguide listing menus at the restaurants - do a search and you will find it on there.

Good luck!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Veggie Dining

Thank you both!! I've been looking at Anguilla Guide almost daily... have not seen the menu section, but will go back and look again.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veggie Dining

"Restaurants by Zone" on the left.