We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuisinart-package or ad lib?

ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Cuisinart-package or ad lib?

Planning our 25th anniversary this August at Cuisinart. Can't decide if we should get a package or just basic room rates and add activities/extras once we arrive...hope to stay 7 nights...

also, any thoughts on flights (from Ohio) would be appreciated...

Mentioned in this post
CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa
CuisinArt Golf Resort...
871 Reviews
Anguilla
Tenafly, New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuisinart-package or ad lib?

Hi! Congratulations! I would never consider a package on Anguilla - they have 80 restaurants in all price ranges and they are amazing. When we planned our first trip 4 years ago, we were told over & over not to go with a package and we were so happy we listened. Check out the other anguilla forum and anguillaguide.com for the restaurant info.

Regarding flights, if you are close to Cleveland I would suggest flying Continental to Newark and then directly to SXM (St. Martin) and then ferry over to Anguilla from there. Not sure if Continental goes direct from Cleveland, but it's much easier and less of a headache to fly to St. Martin rather than deal with American & American Eagle's flights through San Juan.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuisinart-package or ad lib?

Ditto on the restaurants -- Great choices all over the island. Also, USAirways flies to SXM (St. Martin) from Philadelphia & Charlotte -- you might get good connections from Cleveland to either of them.

The ferry is a 20-25 minute cab ride (Marigot in French St. Martin) from the airport & then is a $12 20 minute ride to Anguilla. Passports required.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Lutherville...
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuisinart-package or ad lib?

I haven't done a package with meals, but I have gotten better rates a couple of times. One place you should check is on their web sight for a Summer Escapes promotion, which I've done in November, but is also offered for the summer months. Another place to check is on www.luxurylink.com to see if you can pick something up in an auction. Since you're not going in high season, you may be able to get a good rate.