We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethnic caribbean dishes

Atlanta Ga
2 posts
Save Topic
Ethnic caribbean dishes

I was also wondering if anyone outthere knows which restuarants on Anguilla serve ethnic foods like ox-tail stew and goat curry etc the type of places that the locals eat at . Does anyone have any feedback on Rendezvous Bay Hotel and the standard garden rooms in particular , thanks again .

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ethnic caribbean dishes

Johnno's has goat curry and conch stew, both wonderful. I have also had wonderful goat stew at the Overlook restaurant.

Another great place to stop for local cuisine is under the tree opposite the library on Saturday morning. There is an old lady selling the most delicious corn soup and johnny cakes, but be quick she sells out very fast!

Toronto
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ethnic caribbean dishes

The curried goat at Smokey's at the Cove was superb.

It's the kind of curry that is greenish-black. And oh so good.

ohio
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ethnic caribbean dishes

Flavour's(sp??) does good local dishes as well

RBH standard rooms are a little dated but nice. They do have a small fridge.

They are looking out over a rocky stretch of beach and the nice beach is 100-200 yard off to the right. There are beach chairs/umbrellas and hammocks on the beach for use, just a longer walk to the bathroom than the villas. If you are on a budget, the price is right and it is a grea beach. The staff is great and the restaurant is excellent.

Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ethnic caribbean dishes

I was there on my honeymoon last November. We thought that Flavours had the most "ethnic" caribbean food...and it was excellent! Our taxi driver told us about it and we were very pleased. We also really enjoyed Straw Hat, which was also very Caribbean....have fun!