We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lime Kove Villas

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Lime Kove Villas

Wrote this up for TA's hotel section. Thought I'd post it here first.

Enjoy!

Lime Kove Villas

Brand New…Spectacular Views!

Listen up Anguilla lovers, here is a great new choice for accommodations on our favorite island.

Staying on the West End the last few trips we wanted to spend more time on Shoal Bay East. K’s Kove came to mind as we had a great experience there several years ago, but found it totally booked, as the good places always seem to be. Through emails with Raul Webster MD who books K’s Kove for his parents Gratel and Edward Webster, we discovered Lime Kove, Dr. Webster’s new villa in Island Harbour. Dr. Webster is a surgeon in the states and stays at the villa when he returns to Anguilla. And as all Anguilla addicts know, we all “must come back to Anguilla.” The question always seems to be “Where to stay?” Well, not anymore.

Currently there is no web site available for this villa. We got the information we needed by going to K’s Kove and contacting Dr Webster, or Raul, as he prefers. Here is the web page for quicker access: http://www.axa-villas.com/main.htm

Also, pictures that were sent to us of the property:

…photobucket.com/albums/h440/LimeKoveVillas/

And more I took:

daffy2.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php…

At first glance, Lime Kove appears to be one large villa, but actually consists of four entirely separate units. Each has two master suites with king-size beds. Dr. Webster told us they were still working on the upstairs units and the landscaping, but that the bottom two were fully furnished and functioning. He assurred us there would be no construction while we were there, and there wasn’t. While K’s Kove is known for exceptional value and comfortable accommodation, the amenities at Lime Kove take it up several notches. We decided to take a chance and be the first to try it and all I can say is, “Hey Mon, did we luck out or what!”

Lime Kove is located in Island Harbour directly across from K’s Kove but right smack on the water’s edge. The architecture is modern Caribbean with sweeping balconies and expansive ocean views. All the eye-popping greens and blues you would expect in the waters around Shoal Bay East can be viewed from the incredibly spacious living areas and balcony. Knowing the location, we were expecting nice views, but were stunned by the sparkling vistas that are an Anguilla addicts’s dream. An added bonus was snorkeling reefs right in front of the villa. We saw parrot fish and several other species, live sea fans and brain coral. The villa supplies snorkel equipment, chairs, and beach towels.

While both apartments are identically furnished, one looks out towards Scilly Cay with a more panoramic view, and a side balcony overlooking Island Harbour’s brightly painted fishing boats in the distance. We walked upstairs to see what height might add and it only gets more jawdropping.

Inside, expect beautiful tile floors throughout, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, granite tops again in the bathroom, glass block detail in the shower, air conditioning (on back orrder from the states, we didn’t need it in February), ceiling fans, flat screen T.V. and a washer and dryer in each unit. The furniture is brand new and intricately detailed wicker. Love, love, LOVED the mattress. Could I possibly stuff one into my suitcase? Great pillows and sheets too. So roomy and spacious you could comfortably vegitate for extended stays.

Outside, the balcony is complete with “Cap Julucaesque”chase lounges and a teak table that seats six. We had friends over for drinks as we watched the sun go down and the sea change colors. Perfect for entertaining. This trip, once again, we also let the brother and brother’s wife tag along again and found the side by side arrangement a wonderful set up for family or friends traveling together. We had the privacy of our own space yet there is a door that connects to a central hallway. You can choose to leave it open or locked as you wish.

Plans are for a pool right next to the ocean and the space should be spectacular when finished.

Nearby restaurants include Cote Mer and Sea Sand at KU with Chef Dale Carty. Hibernia sits just around the corner. But then again, dining in gives you better views than most restaurants. Pretty easy too, with great BBQ at the new Pit Stop (what a value and so convinent for take out). Can you say Le Bon Pain? Coconut pastry for breakfast with your ocean view?

All this complete with gracious owners who were both helpful yet non-intrusive, made our stay here a pleasure we will surely want to repeat. Current pricing at $250 a night will most certainly go up as the finishing touches conclude and what a great value for a two bedroom condo with spectacular views. My husband says, “Hush your mouth” but alas, some things are impossible.

Now if I can only get a room next year after word gets out???!!!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Wow I'm impressed. Looks fantastic. Now I have to decide whether to remain a Westender or become an Eastender

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Daffy-Taffy, those are amazing pics. Beautiful setting and beautifully appointed! You lucky dawg.

Howard -- we have "east ended" several times and it's like being on a different island. We really enjoyed our time at Sandy Hill & Sea Rocks (walking distance to the cocunut pastries!). We did lunches at our favorite places on the west end -- Picante was the only "problem" because of Theron, my spouse and tequila shooters & the fact that it's not open for lunch. Anyway, you should try it on for size . . . . "Movin' on up to the east end; to a deluxe apartment on the sea . . . ."

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,802 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Wow, that is really nice and what a bargain to boot!

You lucked out Daffy, what a find!

Lovely review, thanks for sharing, your pay it forward will be rewarded, I'm sure!

Ellen

Easthampton...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Great review of a lovely looking new place. I'll definitely have to check it out! Lucky, lucky you to be the first stay there and rave to us all about it!

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Thanks everyone, yes, we really did get lucky with this one.

I have to admit that I've been reality smacked since we've returned and have had trouble keeping up with the boards. Is it my imagination or are there more questions than usual? My intuition is telling me Anguilla is becoming increasingly popular or is it just The Bachelor Effect and the time of year?

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Daffy's new digs were spacious, tastefully furnished and the views to die for. Lovely balcony with top of the line furnishings, too.I didn't mention how peaceful and quiet it was. Loved it there. What a find. Thanks for having us over, Daffy. Oh, you Westenders are too funny. There is life on the East End - promise!

AXA Beach Bum

Mentioned in this post
East End
East End
Curacao
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Hi Daffy, Thanks so much for your review, what a Beautiful View ! have stayed on both East & West , Luv them both !!! will have to check it out while we're down there :) The snorkeling sounds Great having it right out front . Glad u enjoyed your new Find ! 3 DAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G C
Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lime Kove Villas

We just got back from Lime Kove. The snorkeling right in front of Lime Kove was the best we found on the entire island. During our stay, we were the only guests in the building. The quiet privacy made Lime Cove feel luxuriously exclusive. Each room was spacious and well equipped. The view on our private deck was euphoric.

Level Contributor
13 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lime Kove Villas

Everything Daffy said was correct. I stayed at K's Kove and was invited over to Lime's Kove because the Webster family was visiting from the states with the exception of Dr. Webster. K's Kove is homey but Lime's Kove is right smack on the water. The decor is beautiful. Gratel and Edward are wonderful hosts. Edward does a lot of the work himself despite his age. I am looking for airfare as I write this post. Looking forward to my return the end of March. I miss the Anguillian crayfish, johnnycakes and rum punch. Can't wait.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lime Kove Villas

When I clicked on my link for the pictures I took, it wouldn't connect. And when I checked, I found that the web site, My Photo Album went out of business, so I decided to upload them onto Picassa which I've been using lately and really like.

https:/…LimeKove

Glad others have stayed here and liked it as much as we did.