We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive or not

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive or not

my hubby and i are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next year... we were going back and forth between anguilla and turks and caicos... anguilla won out - needless to say... however, last year, we went to st thomas, and spent an enormous amount of money on food at the resort... we are lazy bums on vacay... with that said, I am looking for a resort with all inclusive included in the price (not as an add on)... not to say we will eat at the resort 100% of the time; however, I would like the option just in case my budget takes a hit... please advise regarding the best all inclusive - thanks.

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive or not

No all-inclusives in AXA.

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive or not

so... are you saying there aren't any, or I should not stay at one...

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive or not

There are not any all inclusives, as in NONE -- about 80 restaurants on the island and many of them are very, very good.

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive or not

would sandals not be included in that?... or do you not suggest sandals

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive or not

also, cusinart offers an optional all inclusive add on... so i am wondering if it's worth it?

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive or not

I've stayed at CuisinArt and yes, if you really don't want to leave the resort for meals it's worth it. On 2 nights they have scrumptious buffets; lobster and Caribbean. Live bands perform and you can dance under the stars. This is the only all you can eat spiney lobster option on the island, you can have them at the Caribbean buffet as well. Amazing salad bar as all the fixings are from the resort's hydroponic farm and organic gardens.

The resort's bar offer the only frozen mojito I've ever seen or heard of, delish! You can also have a splendid meal at the chef's table which would be a bargain if it's part of their AI package. Another huge bonus is that you can walk next door to Dune Preserve for a night cap and enjoy their band on some evenings. Even better if the island's musical icon and owner Bankie Banx is in residence.

Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica is a great AI though I still prefer Anguilla's beaches.

I've been to St. Thomas, St. John and was married in St. Croix. Anguilla's beaches are prettier. ;~>

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive or not

thank you thank you... i am not interested in Jamaica, as it is the road most traveled.. i like the idea of unique and unusual vacations, and Anguilla is on that list... i do like the visual of cuisinart and frangipani... st thomas' and st john's beaches were gorgeous... i am looking forward to the beaches of Anguilla.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive or not

There is no Sandals Resort in Anguilla. Maybe on Antigua?

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive or not

Sorry....dont' want to hijack this thread BUT the frozen mojito at Cuisi is the best I've ever, ever had. We got the recipe from the bartender last week.

If you're interested pm me.

spa_mama_ca ~ if you stay in the resort your missing 32 other fabulous beaches and will not experience the Anguilla we all know and love. Simply paradise. It's hard for me to imagine being with so many people for a given amount of time. Cruisinart is lovely but there's way too many people there for my taste.

AXA Beach Bum

home again in MD on the way to the DE beaches

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive or not

No to AI...the dining choices in AXA are beyond compare.....and Sandals in Antigua, PHOOEY..major tourist mill..yucko food...my nephew worked there and also I stayed there twice as an agent when I lived on island..mind you it was awhile back but ...