We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuisinart

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
cuisinart

We are a couple from Orange County planning a trip to anguilla and want to hear from those of you who have traveled to anguilla. We love to party, love to relax, love to eat and just have a good time. We are 40/44, seen it all, have a 7year old daughter and will be enjoying our 10th year anniversary. Nothing is too wild for us and for those of you who have had some wild times we would love to hear from you.,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cuisinart

I think you should rethink Anguilla if you're looking for a wild time.

I did not see any partiers when we were there, very quiet, sedate, no noise, no jet skis, just peace and quiet.

It is not a party island.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuisinart

I agree.... Anguilla is not a place for a wild time. It's a beautiful location and very quiet. We also went there for our 10 year anniversary. Having kids as well, we were looking for a place that was beautiful, but very quiet to just relax and do nothing! You will definately relax in Anguilla and can have lots of fantastic food. If you are looking for a wild nightlife, you won't find it on Anguilla.

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuisinart

If nothing is too wild for you perhaps you should try a Hedonism resort on Jamaica? From what I have heard it can get quite wild there.

Anguilla is very tame.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cuisinart

Miamon, you sound similar to my wife and I. 39 and 40 yrs old, with 11 and 7 year old boys. We did Anguilla last November for our 15 yr. anniversary (with my bro and sis in law tagging along for part of the trip). We had a fun and relaxing trip, no question. It is an amazing island with terrific food. I'm sorry to say, however, that the prior posts are all . . . correct.

Other than the one night where my brother in law and I got lit up at the Cuisinart beach bar and I fell in their fancy reflecting pool (that might have been a first at that stunningly perfect resort), the wildest thing we saw was some illegal topless sun bathing in front of the Cuisinart--but they eventually got busted by the hotel staff (nicely busted--just had to get their tops back on).

The best you'd be able to do, probably, is talk with some locals and figure out, exactly, to the day and hour, which bar to hit for the best nightlife. For example, the Dunes just down from the Cuisinart is lively (or so I'd heard), but the night we went, there wasn't a sole there at 10 pm. So, to the extent there is nightlife, I think it moves around the island. We never managed to get in sync with that movement--but we weren't looking for nightlife and partying when we selected Anguilla. Good times!