We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Upgrade at Cuisinart

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Room Upgrade at Cuisinart

I am working on our trip for May 1st - 11th and have decided to stay at Cuisinart. I am trying to figure out which room category to book. I have an American Express Platinum card and through their travel program you can get a one room updgade if available upon check in. Has anyone been upgraded through this program before and if so, if you book a Luxury Jr Suite do you get upgraded to a 1 bedroom? Any experiences you can share would be great.

Thanks.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Upgrade at Cuisinart

I'm 0 for 4 in getting a room upgrade at Cuisinart using Am Ex Platinum. However, they did offer an amenitie (spa credit) and a late check-out. Their occupancy rate has risen, similar to CJ's, which may make it a little more difficult to upgrade. You may have luck in May, though, if it's not a busy time (you never know with weddings) and I hear bookings are down on the island due to the stock market. A travel agent might be better able to help you with that.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Upgrade at Cuisinart

We have stayed at Cuisinart three times. Twice we booked with AmEx Platnium and both times received the up grade (we were shocked as we never get any upgrades at any other hotels w/AmEx). The first time was at the end of March 2005. We had booked the Lux BF for 8 nights and did get the upgrade to the 1 bedroom which was awsome because we were with our 2 kids. BTW the hotel was empty. The second time was just recently this Feb 2008. We booked 3 nights (right before Presidents week holiday) in a BF suite and got the upgrade to the Lux BF. Which IMHO is not worth paying for. The only difference between the two is the LUX is on the top floor (so no roof over your balcony) and thte bathroom has a small outdoor atrium (useless except tp dry bathing suits). The bathroom in the LUX is smaller (because of the atrium) than the reg BF suites. If you are going at a busy time dont count on the upgrade.

3. Re: Room Upgrade at Cuisinart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
Recent Conversations