We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top restaurants?

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Top restaurants?

Would like to make reservations at 3 or 4 of the best restaurants on the island. Top picks?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Top restaurants?

Zabar:

I think you give me credit for too much.

However, please be apprised of the fact that we have been going to Hibernia even way back when they had their restaurant on Sandy Ground. We have shared many laughs with Mary Pat through the years and enjoyed many wonderful repasts as well. We will continue to go to Hibernia, which is one of my favorite restaurants in AXA, while the sun shines. As for the evening hours, we both have decided to keep to our close environs on the West end after all those years of "travelin' the island!"

PS. As for wines: You can only entice me with a fine Pinot, a good ol' Cab, Malbec or Shiraz.

I leave that white stuff to others.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Top restaurants?

I'm with you 100% on the "red" stuff! And no one pours like Mary Pat -- we call it the "bottomless bottle" -- ooooh, how she makes it last!

Anguilla
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Top restaurants?

Pepper and Mary:

You're both too funny with the "red stuff" comments. Let's make a date to go to Hibernia with spouses in tow. Maybe they'll open the doors before sundown OR I'll volunteer to do the driving if we can rent a 6 passenger vehicle for us to use? We'll order at least two bottles of "red" for you and yours, and, a couple of bottles of the "white" Alsatian stuff for me and Annie. My wife and I both cannot resist the Thai Casserole. We give Mary Pat a hard time with our obsession for the Domaine Weinbach Gewurztramminers. Mary Pat smiles that demure smile, and, confesses that she's disappointed that we don't order any of her Pinot Gris selections, and, rarely order anything other than Raul's exquisite "fish soup" with fine rice noodles...Ladies, I'm on "Weight Watchers" and this posting is killing me.

Anyway, as usual Pepper, you've managed to teach me still another thing about AXA that I didn't know.

I never had a clue that Raul and Mary Pat started out on Sandy Ground.

Lastly, for anyone reading this "post" that has ever dined at "Peter Luger's Steakhouse" in Brooklyn, NY and has been disappointed - due to all of the decades of "hype"; please pay homage to Pepper's (see her restaurant review in the Trip Advisor) "CHUTZPAH" (supreme self-confidence) in telling it like it is.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Top restaurants?

Pimms is fantastic....pricy...but you can't beat the view...it is spectacular! It's a must!!!! You will love it and won't be disappointed!!!!

15. Re: Top restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla