We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only 3 nights - where to eat??

Cleveland
2 posts
Save Topic
only 3 nights - where to eat??

My fiancee and I are going to Anguila from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon in August (just before Carnival) for part of our honeymoon.

So, if you had ony 3 nights in Anguilla, where would you eat?

Thanks so much for the advice!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

I would do it in just this order. I'd go to Mangos on Thursday night. I'd do Picante on Friday night and Blanchards for Saturday night. If you have time for lunch on Sunday go to the Blanchard's new restaurant Zurra. It has the most incredible view you have ever seen. The place is like right out of a movie set. You will love all of these places. They are can't go wrong spots.

Have a wonderful honeymoon. You certainly picked the right place to go!

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

Make sure you check that the restaurant you want to go to is even open. Since it is hurricane season, some close down. Rental car is the way to go. Many of the favourite spots are on the other side of the island, but if you want to stick close to shoal bay east there are some good choices. Zara's was open last June & is on shoal bay. koal keel is exceptional. don't let the fact that it is not on the beach deter you-you won't miss it-i promise! if you want a quiet, romantic setting-cove castles is a jewel, but way on the other side of the island-i think it is worth the drive for the intimacy. altamer & trattoria are special places for us too. trattoria makes a sinful lobster ravioli that i have heard is sometimes difficult to get @ the lunch hour, but we have never had that problem @ dinner. You will love Anguilla-good luck & congrats!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

Jace is right about restaurant closing. Many close soon after carnival. Check the Anguilla Guide Forum for a complete restaurant list which includes websites/menus/hours. www.anguillaforum.com

I'll chime is with some of my favorites - hopefully they'll be open.

for Lunches: Trattoria Tramonto (lobster ravoli) call ahead and as sometimes the chef has them prepared early for dinner. If not, most anything is great. The mussels are a meal in themselves.

Zurra's is also a must do, Scilly Cay on Sundays is a once in a life time experience. Expensive but the best lobster/crayfish on Anguilla.

Dinners - too many wonderful restaurants to choose from! Veya is great, Straw Hat and Altimar - very romantic, Barrel Stay, Hibernia, Cote Mer and as mentioned previously Koal Keel(extremely romantic).

Congratulations and enjoy!

AXA Beach Bum

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

If I had only three nights in Anguilla, I'd eat at Mangos on Thursday night when there is live music. Friday night I'd go to Straw Hat for a casual dinner. Saturday night I'd go to Blanchard's. I'd rent a car from Avis (online to get the 10% discount rate) and have it delivered to my hotel (the hotel can help with that). If you have time on Sunday to go to Scilly Cay, I'd go there for lunch. On Friday and Saturday if you can tear yourself away from the beach for lunch, I'd go to Prickly Pear (check with Shoal Bay Scuba on the beach in front of Ku) and Trattoria Tramonto. I'd eat at the hotel for breakfasts; otherwise it might feel like too much time in the car. Saturday evening I'd go to Malliouhana Lounge to watch the sunset before going to dinner at Blanchards nearby. Whew! That;s a lot to pack in during a three-night stay, but there it is.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

Bananas by the Sea

Washington DC
Level Contributor
731 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

Blanchard's was great!!

We also loved the atmosphere and being on the water at the restaurants at Cap Juluca (although the food was just okay...)

We also went to a place called Tasty's (I think) and they had a live jazz singer that was in from the US that day and the fish they served was amazing!

17. Re: only 3 nights - where to eat??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, September 03, 2009