We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay with Ocean views

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where to Stay with Ocean views

My husband and I are planning our 25th wedding anniversary and we are so excited that we will be celebrating it on this beautiful island. We love experiencing everything that an island has to offer but for this particular island experience we would love to find either a hotel or villa that offers ocean front views. I have spent the morning reading many of the wonderful posts that I am not sure that I can wait until November! Any recommendations for either hotels or villas would be most appreciated. I have started making a list of all of the wonderful restaurants as well and will need to start hitting the gym even harder!

SBF

8 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,937 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

What's your budget?

ny
Level Contributor
307 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

Shoal bay villas, spot on and beautiful beach , the best ...... a bit more luxury Zemi beach with a wonderful spa

Both on the best beach . Just two different categories . Both wonderful

CT
Level Contributor
92 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

It depends on what you are looking for. Budget is a big thing for us. You have to factor in airfare, transportation to anguilla and while there and food. With Villas's it seems as though many are not right in the beach which you will find many hotels are. Do you mind walking a bit to the beach or want to be right on the beach? Are you renting a car? Do you want to cook in or just dine out. This will determine where you will stay and type of accommodations. There are Many excellent restaurants throughout island but -more walking distance restaurants would be meads bay. Shoal bay has many great reviews and we have been to many restaurants there, the restaurants don't seem to be close. Rendezvous bay was amazing but same again here. Every year we explore the island - beaches & the fantastic restaurants, however when we visit we choose meads bay. We stay at MBBV & celebrated our 35 th anniversary last year. I would definitely look into frangipani(restaurants on site-awesome), carimar( don't know if there is air conditioning in all rooms if a necessity for you) even turtles nest ( quaint ocean front rooms on the 2nd floor) We looked at all and they were lovely. I do not know as much about SBE as many TA posted will chime in. Rendezvous bay hotel is very nice but more out of the way of Restaurants. Whatever you choose you can't go wrong! You will be amazed by the food, beaches and people if you have never been. If you have you will be welcomed back. Happy 25th Anniversary!!!

Edited: 12:20 pm, June 09, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

For a moderate budget ($100/night until next year), La Vue's 3rd floor sea view rooms are wonderful. Beautiful views over Sandy Ground, including boat traffic. You're not ON the beach (the reason for the view is its perch on a cliff), though the central location means just a 5-15 minute drive to nearly any of them.

If you want a "luxury" type property (Four Seasons etc) or you want to be ON the beach then La Vue wouldn't be for you, but for a clean, comfortable, stay that doesn't cost a ton, it can't be beat. Kenisha at the desk is marvelous.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,180 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

You need to give more info on needs/wants/budget for helpful recommendations. Many of us will be happy to share info.

Edited: 1:09 pm, June 09, 2018
ny
Level Contributor
307 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

It’s your 25th Anniversary

Zemi beach

Happy anniversary

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

My first choice would be Frangipani on Meads Bay. Small quiet and intimate. Perfect for an anniversary. Straw Hat restaurant on site and several excellent restaurants with in walking distance Recommend condo 1A or 5A. If Frangipani is too expensive look at Turtles Nest--Turtlesnestbeach resort.com. Recommend condo 2-AE-1. TN is basically next door to Frangipani. Cap Juluca is also an option and is a larger resort. Hopefully their renovation will be complete by Nov. Carimar is nice but no pool and A/C only in the bedroom. Four Seasons is a large property and a little too South Beachy for my taste

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay with Ocean views

Not knowing your budget it is difficult to recommend just one special place.

You can feel pretty safe with several choices on Meads Bay beach from the top 2 hotels, 4 Seasons and Malliouhana (if it is open by then), to middle hotels like Frangipani and Meads Bay Villas to a bit cheaper digs.

This beach also accommodates many walk-to dining places from top-of-the-line venues, to beach shacks, and in between dining.

Edited: 3:48 pm, June 09, 2018
Reply to: Where to Stay with Ocean views
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted