We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pt3 Trip Report - Final days and thoughts

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pt3 Trip Report - Final days and thoughts

6/22 - Day trip to SXM via public ferry. Took a taxi from Marigot to Grand Case. My wife and I are frequenters of the French side of SXM. We based out of Captain Frenchy. Outstanding food, chairs on the beach, and a reasonable price. Highly recommend this gem. Dinner at Blanchard's Beach Shack. We had a celebrity sighting. She was getting married on island. My girls recognized her, but I had no clue. To respect her privacy, I'll not name her. BBS is as good as advertised.

6/23 - Last day and we stayed on Meads Bay and just relaxed. Lunch was at BBS. Dinner at Malliouhana.....I can't rave enough. The best fine dining we had on the trip. Fantastic specialty cocktails. A nice surprise at the end was 10% off because we made our reservations through Carimar. Do yourself a favor and book dinner here for sunset.

Had the pleasure of meeting Nori from http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/ Nori was shooting some video of the Carimar property for Carimar. She was so kind to shoot some drone video of my girls and share the file with me. Can't say enough good things about this fine young lady.

Final thoughts on tourism/crowds. Don't know how busy the island usually is, but a good way to judge is by lounge chairs being used between 12-1. I kept track in my head....this is unscientific, but a decent proxy.

Carimar - 80 - 100%

BBS - 70%

Sunshine Shack - 60%

Cuisinart - 0% (that's right..not a single person)

Bamboo Beer Box - 0%

Malliouhana - 80-90%

Gwen's - 100% (day trippers from SXM)

Madearman's - 20-30%

Four Seasons - 50-60%

A fantastic trip!!!!!

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.

ODB

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pt3 Trip Report - Final days and thoughts

Glad you enjoyed. The chair occupancy info is a good idea. Thanks for posting.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pt3 Trip Report - Final days and thoughts

Nori is an absolute doll, I have had the pleasure of meeting her a few times and she is always so kind, humble and sweet. Malliouhana sure has been getting good reviews with Chef Marc at the helm.

Don't know if I agree with your chair theory as that is lunch time when most people are gone, but hey, what the heck, it was a good pastime! :-)

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed them all. Safe travels.

Ellen

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pt3 Trip Report - Final days and thoughts

Thanks Ellen. Chair theory includes peoples stuff on chairs even if they aren't there. Not perfect, but done on a consistent time gives a consistent measure.

4. Re: Pt3 Trip Report - Final days and thoughts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 27, 2018