We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

Alright, I'm back. So Wednesday morning we had a leisurely breakfast at "home" overlooking beautiful Meads Bay. After breakfast we headed to Crocus Bay (?) to find Calvin under the tree.

Yup, exactly where to find him. Just down the hill past Ce Blue but before the entrance to Da Vida on the right is a small building and parking lot. That's where to go. He immediately loaded us up (and the boat is/was big enough for all of us, our stuff, including our beach chairs) and we headed over to Little Bay. Wow! Words cant describe. Reminded us a bit of some hidden coves on the Amalfi Coast. Sheer limestone cliffs lining a protected bay. Beautiful blue and green water too.

For a while we were the only people there. Did some snorkeling (bring frozen peas!) and even saw a small octopus. NOTE. There is NOTHING there. No shade. No food. No umbrellas. No water.

Make sure you are prepared. There is also a big rock which I believe is called, The Rock. You can climb up and jump off. Alas, only one of my girls did it. The other had to climb back down. Wife and I didn't even attempt. I'm guessing its a 25' jump or so. Anyhow, promptly at 3 Calvin came back for us and we had a quick bite at DaVida Bayside, their casual restaurant. I had the fresh tuna salad, wife had the veggie sandwich, daughters had a quesadilla and a grilled cheese, 2 mocktails, 2 Caribs and a pina colada---$115. Really loved the tuna. Big portion, too.

Dinner @ Veya. What a treat. Beautiful space and very unique. Had the tuna again, wife had the snapper, daughters the duck and the risotto primavera. Had a bottle of Cuvaison Chard for $75.

My tuna and my daughters meals were truly outstanding. Wife thought the snapper fillets could have used a bit more "crisping" of the skin. We also had a salad and calimari for the table. All in all, a really good meal, professionallly served, by a talented chef. Total, including the wine, was $310.

Almost forgot to mention that Leslie N was playing and we had the corner table just above where he was set up. A beautiful voice and it added to the overall ambience. This was the most crowded restaurant of the week so far.

From there we headed to Frangi for after dinner drinks, dessert, and Sprocka. It was a fun time and a pretty good sing a long. Roughly $60.

A side note. We hired Leslie to drive us back and forth because of the wine and it was $75 round trip for the four of us. A really nice man and he was waiting in the parking lot at Veya when I called him.

All in all a really great day. Bed around 10 to prepare for our all day snorkel/sail trip aboard Chocolat.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

What a great day you had. Can't wait to hear about Chocolat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

Sound like you are having a blast.

Didn't understand the reference about frozen peas?? Sea urchin stings?

Have been checking the webcam and the weather looks wonderful - hope it stays that way.

Enjoy your day on Chocolat.

Thanks for posting :)

Pa
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

Loved your trip so far. We love Veya also and always go to Davids Bayside to hear Omari on Sundays in Feb. can't wait to hear more.

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

Frozen peas are great for bringing the fish close ; )

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

Another fabulous, fun day, your girls must be thrilled. I love the way you get out, do things and are not afraid to spend money, that is really great!

I am sure your trip on Chocolat was lovely, hopefully you can have a nap and go to the Pumphouse to see the Musical Bros tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Ellen

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

Hahaha. Is THAT the answer? And here I thought the reason was that it was so hot, with no water to drink and no food, that frozen peas would cook in the hot sun and you'd have a meal plus some liquid for drink. My brainze sometimes go crazy. (running for cover...)

Edited: 6:45 pm, June 22, 2017
J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
723 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

You shouldn't bait the fish. They then become used to humans feeding them and come anytime they see a plastic bottle(filled with crackers&water) or frozen peas, green peppers, etc. This is used in many more popular islands on excursions. It is like feeding fish in your aquarium at home.

8. Re: Trip Report -- Cont'd -- Sad It's No Longer "Beginning"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 24, 2018