We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

Tuesday morning, up early. No black out shades, remember? Going to head off to Geraud's to surprise my family. Hop in the rental, turn the key, and ...... nothing! Sh!t. Call Ronnie Bryan and he is at Turtles Nest in 30 minutes with a new battery. What a great guy, super customer service!

I'm in sales so I know good customer service. He exemplifies it. Anyhow, off to Gerauds to load up on danish, banana bread and a sticky bun. With 2 coffees its like $15. Delicious.

We head off to Shoal Bay East and park ourselves near Madearimans. We rented fold up beach chairs from Ronnie, too, and were glad we did.....the cushions were nasty looking (btw chairs from Ronnie are $3 each chair per day). Spent a great day at SBE, walked to both ends, and had lunch at Madearimans. I had the crawfish for the first time (3 for $39 I think?) wife and kids split a pizza, we each had 2 rums punches and the girls each had a mocktail...$115 I think. The pizza is great and the rum drinks were STRONG! Saw both Zemi and Manoah and they are both beautiful.

Not sure about the negativity surrounding Zemi location as the hotel is stunning and can't be more than 200 yards or so from Manoah. Is the beach as nice as at the point? No, not quite, but it's still a nice stretch of sand.

Tired from doing nothing all day so dinner at Blanchards Beach Shack. Bunch of odds and ends and some milkshakes....$75. Really a decent meal and a fabulous value for Anguilla. Highly recommend for at least one dinner for those staying on Meads or anyone with kids.

Heading to dinner, gotta scoot. Wednesday review coming soon ......

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

"Tired from doing nothing all day"" - love that!! In my opinion that means you are having the most relaxing time and that is what Anguilla is all about.

We are staying on SBE for the first time (in 26 years) so am really looking forward to checking out all that beach has to offer rather than our brief day trips.

Thanks for posting - looking forward to catching the rest :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
237 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

You are covering all the restaurants on my list, perfect. Loving the daily report.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

Ronnie is Anguilla's greatest ambassador.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

Agree about Ronnie. I always rent from him.

You are doing Anguilla like a pro, so obviously did some serious homework. Be sure to get some beach time on the quiet end of Rendezvous Bay. Beach chairs free with lunch at The Place, or bring your own chairs public parking between Anguilla Great House and Rendezvous Bay Hotel. This is by far my favorite beach spot in Anguilla.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

I also scratch my head about the Zemi comments. Sometimes a hotel can work hard to do everything right, only to be sabotaged by overly negative opinions.

I think people should take a little bit of extra time explaining their critiques, and putting them into perspective. You can get easily into the water in front of zemi, but maybe not if you are older. You can also walk 25ft towards Gwens and have an even easier time getting in. It's all in the details.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

Your post has so much elan about it. It's a fun read.

Just the other day someone saw me wearing one of my many Anguilla T shirts and asked me "what do you do on that island all day?" My answer (with a wicked smile): Nothing!!!

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
723 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

Pepper, I always give that same exact answer!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

Ronnie is the greatest, if you are not happy, he is not happy, I have called him early morning and late night, and he has been there in a flash, cannot say enough good about him.

I have a hard time leaving my beach, but once in a while (every few years) we venture out, and SBE is one of our destinations, I think it is one of the prettiest beaches, we set up at Elodias, and I walk the beach, the colors are amazing.

I am enjoying your reports, they are really good, thank you. Looking forward to hearing about your Wed dinner.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Ellen

CT
Level Contributor
380 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

I think the grounds at Zemi are lovely. However, in the winter months, when the waves are rough, the beach is overtaken by waves. Yes, you can walk the beach down to Gwen's, but that is not what most people would want to do - they would want to use their beach. Compare this to Shoal Bay East Villas or Manoah and it would be no contest for those of us who love the beach...

10. Re: Trip Review -- The Beginning (Cont'd)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 24, 2018