We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

So happy to be here and so happy to report on a fantastic travel day. We left RDU for PHL at 6:10am; no issues or delays and our PHL to SXM flight took off on time. We were scheduled to land at 1:35 but actually walked off the plane in SXM at 1:30. We cleared customs, made a bathroom stop, got a taxi,, dealt with unexpected road closings, ended up ditching the taxi to walk and still made it to Marigot by 2pm to wait for the 2:15pm ferry to Blowing Point. Breezed through customs at Blowing Point, got the taxi ($26+tip) to Shoal Bay Villas and were unpacking in our room at 3:15. Changed, went to Gwen's (had a blast but met no other TA folks, dang!) went to Madeariman's for more music (and great pizza) then home to SBV for a balcony goodnight. How wonderful to be ending the day here!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
870 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

Can you elaborate where the road closings were, and for what reason on a Sunday? Repairs, special event??? Thanks.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

I don't know the road names but it was the direct route to the ferry and the taxi driver had no idea why. He tried to go around and found side streets closed as well so I am guessing it was for an event. We could see the "plaza" in front of the ferry so we just paid and got out (less than a five minute walk.)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

Good morning! Look forward to meeting you on Shoal Bay! Beautiful morning!

Jamison...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

Good morning Beachfan. Wow you got to SBV so quickly after landing!!! You must not have done checked luggage? Our landing time is posted at 1:29 (PHL to SXM) so far in July and we are hoping to have time to grab our checked luggage and meet GB ferries by 2:15. Looking forward to your posts/TR from SBV (especially about how you like the accomodations, outlet situation). Also beaches and restaurant reviews! I am living vicariously

through this forum until we get there. Enjoy! Thanks much, Kim

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

J&K, see you soon. Look for my reddish soggy dollar cap or white cap. Kimba, no checked luggage and yes it was the fastest we have ever made it. By the way, it's true.... there is no outlet in the bathroom at SBV. I never noticed it before because I don't mess with my hair when I am in Anguilla. There is an outlet by the dresser which has a big mirror (better one than the bathroom.) There are also outlets by the bed and in the sitting area (and kitchen of course.)

Nashville, Tennessee
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

How long are you there? We arrive Wednesday afternoon (5/24) and staying at Manoah.

Jamison...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

thanks beach fan for the info, kim

montreal
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

So excited for you and looking forward to your postings. Holy cow even though it was our first trip this past november we landed about same time as you but arrived pretty late (6 ish) at our hotel. delays included missing ferry and had to wait 35 min. then customs took about 20 min and then small issue with our car pick-up. I will try and beat your time on our next trip! oh ya we did carry-on lol lol

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

Beachfan, what a fast trip, you really made good time. I can tell by your post that you are excited to be back. Madearimans sounds so great, especially with music, that’s a good selling point for them on a Sunday night.

Have a blast, I know you will.

Ellen

New York
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday, 5/21...yay, we are here!

We are also going through PHL and landing at 1:35pm. It is nice to hear that you landed on time and you were able to get through customs so quickly. Did you have checked luggage or carry on?