We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return to Paradise, Part 7

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Topic
Return to Paradise, Part 7

Buckle up, we're in for a busy day!

https:/…

Thanks again for reading!

Kyla

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,239 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

Yum,I think I might have to try Artisan. I've heard good things from several people. Fun, busy day.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

To this "dame de certain age" I find your myriad excursions exhausting. Bless you all.

It recalls the days (middle 1980's) when we also used to traverse all these wild and rough AXA explorations with glee. Now a good beach reading book and a view of the glorious Maundays Bay tickles me more these waning days of my life. I call us "the watchers" and youze guys "the doers".

It's fun for a change to watch all the exciting new places you seem to dig up that we ourselves have missed through the years.

Thanks for your continuing armchair excursion.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

Great pictures, thank you for sharing! I've never been to Limestone Bay but looks beautiful... will have to add to my itinerary for next time :)

Rhode Island, USA
Level Contributor
511 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

Kyla,

Another great read, thanks again for sharing. Where were you on SBE with the blue chairs/red umbrella's, is that Maderiaman? Looking forward to Artisan (and many others) on the East End!

Susan

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

I have loved following your families adventures.

Will pass on the kayak - I don't think my husband will get in one with me ever again after I bashed him on the head with every stroke when we tried it in Mauritius (ever since anytime he forgets anything he blames it on the concussion I inflicted with my paddle).

Loved your photos of SBE - wow - the colour of that water was just fabulous.

We have vowed to try to resist sand gravity a bit more on our trip this summer and do a bit more exploring (but we haven't made any promises).

It cheers my evening to sit with a glass of wine and read your posts - thank you.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

Mstvl, I hope you do try Artisan. I would go back for that passion fruit liquor alone.

Pepper, I have to admit it was a bit exhausting for me too. Traveling is a different bag with teenagers in tow. I look forward to trying out the "watcher" perspective some day. Although like horselady I'll still have to find a long beach to walk daily.

roc, someone on the Anguilla Facebook page posted pictures of Limestone, and the water looked calm and swimmable. Not so when we were there-- it was downright frightening. I was so relieved no one got washed away!

Susan, those chairs were right in front of Uncle Ernie's.

iluv, that was it for me for kayaking. Been there, done that, luckily survived that too! As for those pictures, I just found them last night on our GoPro. I have yet to see what else is on it. Exciting!

Again, thanks for reading. I truly appreciate it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

Have always wanted to see Limestone Bay, but have not made it there, sand gravity sets in and that's it for the day.

Thanks for sharing Kyla, wonderful as usual.

Ellen

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

I love your pictures! What a great return to paradise you had.

Paoli, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
351 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

You really do understand how people relax on the island after a few days. Have really enjoyed your family vacations as you really pack in a lot.

10. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 27, 2018