We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return to Paradise, Pt 5

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Topic
Return to Paradise, Pt 5

If you've been following our saga, you'll know things have been a little rocky at times. Our luck is about to change.

Thanks again for reading!

Kyla

https:/…

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

You mean there's MORE??? How lucky! Now my DIF's can dissipate for a while longer.

If, as you seem to say, this trip took place about a year ago, I am expecting that you are going to be posting a brand new series for this year too, yes?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

Pepper, there is indeed more-- five more nights after that chaotic last night at Pelicans. Thank heavens it didn't end in that note!

I wish I could say there would be a new series for this year. Not to be the case. The kids are on spring break now. We're having a staycation in lovely central Ohio. 😂

I've been thinking about a November trip sans kids, although that kind of breaks my heart. We'll see. Celebrating a major birthday this year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

Hooray!

They say, "everything will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright it's not the end" Now things are better than alright and still 5 more nights.

Lucky you and lucky us getting to read some more.

You all certainly deserve a lovely place to stay after the trials of the earlier part of your trip.

Looking forward to reading the next bit - am enjoying every word and pic.

Edited: 12:36 pm, March 19, 2017
SE MA
Level Contributor
252 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

I'm just glad you waited so long to do this blog, otherwise I would be sick worrying if or how long it took you to get over your little bug. You're a gal after my own heart, a real trooper and tho this elysian isle can restore the body and mind, I know I'm no longer able to run with the dogs when the least bit compromised. Continue to take your time and spoon feed us junkies but boy am I hoping this has a happy ending.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

Loving following your family exploits. Funny, I'm not much of a drinker, but when I'm in Anguilla, I can't get enough of those rum punches. By 11am I'm ready for happy hour.

I never get hung over though. Between all the swimming and sunning as well as my bike rides around the island, I'm always ready for that next rum punch the next day.

By the last few days, both my wife and I tend to burn out on the food and drink. It's almost like our bodies are telling us it's almost time to go home.

I've never spent much time exploring the beach at Sandy Ground. I think I'll pay a little visit this summer thanks to you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

Kyla, your pictures are gorgeous, you really got some good shots.

One of the reasons we make the trip on that horrid road is to see Nat, I would be very bummed if he was not there, he is what makes the place, oh, and the johnny cakes.

Thanks for another great read,

Ellen

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

First, thank you all for reading. I really appreciate it-- you give me fuel to keep going.

Ellen, we were so disappointed Nat was not there. I'm pretty sure our visit would've been completely different if he had been.

Caribbeanag, I so agree with everything you said! I had a pretty ambitious dining itinerary, but by the end I was happy just eating sandwiches on the beach.

No fear, though, we still have a few dinners left in us, so there's more to come.

Again, many thanks,

Kyla

8. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 21, 2018