We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return to Paradise, Part 4

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
Return to Paradise, Part 4

Sometimes even I have had enough. Here's the story of our last day at Pelicans. Luckily it's followed by five more blissful days at another villa. Thanks for reading!

https:/…

Kyla

Belmont...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

REALLY? The Proprietress has turned the place into some sort of flophouse or what? The last time I experienced something like that was 1985 in Prague over Easter weekend.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

OH MY!!

It started as a villa and ended up as a waifs and strays hostel.

Enough is absolutely enough.

I look forward to discovering where you reside next - hope it's just the five of you.

BTW we all call that lasagnaaaaah!. Never had better anywhere - even all over Italy. I tried to replicate it myself (even roasted my own tomatoes and made my own pasta - sucker that I am) but something not quite right. Given up and look forward to it with drooling anticipation on my trip in a few months.

Thanks for posting - a great read as always!

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

Oh so wonderful to read more of the Touris family adventures! You are a good sport, and very trusting. No way would I ever share my accommodations with strangers! And I'm so happy to see Hula Girl with you.

montreal
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

I feel bad for the other people also. It's a bad situation for everyone involved. No one wants to share their living space especially when it is unexpected. I would have asked for compensation from the owners/renters. Unless it is written in your renting contract no one has the right to enter your place without your authorization. Not impressed with this proprietress and would never stay there again. si abbastanza!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

As to that disgusting Pelican owner and experience -- no comment!

I was surprised to see Dolce Vita was THAT crowded on a Tuesday but then again Abbi did tell us that every day they were constantly filled. Good for them and very deserving.

I shall now have to wait for your return trip con famiglia and wonder which villa you'll decide to stay in. That will be an adventure in itself.

Thank you so much for your delightful, earthy descriptions, of which I now wring my hands as I await more.

SE MA
Level Contributor
254 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

Such fun tagging along on your adventures. Yes every morsel helps satisfy the cravings. Thanks for your diligence.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

Don't want your trip or great reports to end... your posts are such great medication for the home re-entry blues this week. (And such an example of patience under pressure with all those uninvited house guests.)

We've had a similar experience at DV, thought it was just us... but sure miss that pasta!

Edited: 10:40 am, March 18, 2017
Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

I have to admit I have a fondness for the old spot that was Gwens on Shoal Bay East. Thanks for the pictures.

I tried to access it walking around the point from Elodia's the end of Feb this year, but gave up. Next time I'll try walking up from Serenity. Good idea!

9. Re: Return to Paradise, Part 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 22, 2018