We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return to Paradise, Pt 1

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Topic
Return to Paradise, Pt 1

It's been almost a year to the date of our trip, but better late than never, right? Pour a cup of coffee and settle in: it's a long one.

Thanks for reading!

https:/…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

Great writing Kyla, thanks.

Ellen

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

Great to read and now I'll be checking in for the rest.

I admire your tolerance of The Proprietress! It has never occurred to me to ask whether total strangers (with a baby!) might be squeezed into one of the rooms in accommodation I had booked for my family!! Crazy! No wonder you needed the rum punch.

Looking forward to sharing the next part of your trip.

And you are right about spoiling children forever when treating them to holidays in Anguilla. Ours judge everywhere by Anguilla standards which is why they keep returning to paradise with us instead of venturing off with their own friends - not that I am complaining.

Thanks for posting.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

That's a trip report. Sydan sounds like the true AXA experience.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

Truly, I felt most sorry for the other unsuspecting guests. We were quite weathered by this point. However, that will definitely be the last of our dealings with the Proprietress. Although I will say if you find yourself on Anguilla without a place to stay, Anne will find a room for you!

Rhode Island, USA
Level Contributor
511 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

Great blog, can't wait for the rest to be published. I commend you for your patience with the Proprietress, I would have lost mine with her well before the strangers (and baby) made an appearance.

We are thinking of going to Sandbar our first night now after reading this. It was one of the "missed spots" for us on our first land vacation in Anguilla last spring. And yes..... the planning and plotting started soon after the tan faded.

Edited: 1:18 pm, March 10, 2017
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

You're not kidding Kyla!

Anne will find a room for you - but which room?? Yours? Mine?

That's what would worry me! lol

Edited: 1:29 pm, March 10, 2017
Paoli, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
351 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

wonderful report!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

Your introduction was so spot on. People look at us like we're nuts when walk onto any other beach, on any other vacation, and almost appear sad. Because, in our minds, we're comparing it to Anguilla -- and everything else, everywhere else feels like such a let down. It's so hard to explain why unless you've seen AXA for yourself -- you've captured our feelings so perfectly! From a fellow Columbus, OH AXA lover, thank you for the wonderful recap. It helps hold us over the 123 days until our return...

Boston
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

I've taken that drug. I think you have it worse than I do though.

I love your descriptions and honest reporting. I would like to do a blog. I have two drugs, virgin gorda and Anguilla. Are travel blogs easy to do? Can you give me a few tips on how to start one. Thanks

Edited: 7:47 pm, March 10, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Return to Paradise, Pt 1

@tia Travel. And take lots of pictures. Many more than I do, and with a better camera. And then start writing. That's the hardest part (well, that and remembering to take the picture before you eat all the food). Just start writing. There's a good chance you'll end up scrapping much of what you write, but that's okay. It's part of the process. Just keep writing. Hopefully you will end up with enough usable material.

I am using Wordpress, but there's also Blogspot and Travellerspoint, the latter which is primarily for, well, traveling. Tracey, a regular poster here, might be able to give you some insight on that one.

Good luck :-)